Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in Ottawa, ON | Glassdoor

2.9

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by Department Head, Manager, Team Lead and Designer, Was assigned Coding Tasks by Department Head, then Phone Screen and Interview by department head and then after 2 weeks Interviewed by remaining three people. All the interview persons were cool and made me comfortable. No pressure was felt during interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Over the phone. No pressure applied by the manager. He wanted to hear about projects and previous work experience and was very open to conversation. Not that many technical questions in the interview. Rather than focus on technicalities, they focused on the approach to solving problems and working with other team members.

Interview Questions

• What was your past work experience? How do you solve problems?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview. There were 2 people, one manger and the other team member. They started with my personal details, then with my profile overview. Then my project details were discussed. questions begin to shoot about C, C++, networking protocols. Writing code in C. Then finally they said they let me know the result by the next day

Interview Questions

• Write a C code for strcmp with using inbuilt function   1 Answer

Negotiation

not very negotiable

Service Portal Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I got call from my co-op department about the interview and she scheduled for me. Then I was interviewed over the phone by a manager. He was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Initially I thought I screwed the interview because I got nervous. But I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Java as it was requirement for the position, my previous projects and everything else from my resume.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with some coding and technical questions, as well questions on previous work experience.
    Few weeks after that there was first in person interview, than couple of weeks after another set of in person interviews, with team members, team lead and manager, all in the same day. This round involved some more coding and technical questions, as well as behavioral questions with the manager. The interview was not easy but it was pleasant experience overall.

Customer Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied though online posting on alcatel website. They contacted me after 2 months. A tech lead contacted through email asking for scheduling telephonic interview. The call went for roughly 25 mins.We discussed about the position and my previous work experience and education background.
    Followed with some technical questions. He said he will contact me next week, but I never got a call from them even though I answered all his questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were mostly related to unix how to check disk space, how to check db name, cpu stat. Very simple and basic question. Its was mostly like a rapid fire round.
      He also asked me some questions on java and how to schedule automated linux scripts.   1 Answer

Junior Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

nearly 1 hr. discussion of my project experience on my resume. The group of interview consist of 3 people. Describe the desire of my career and expectation on the surrounding. OSPF model has been asked. The other questions are more related to the specific details inside a typical projects.

Test Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewed over the phone through the school's internship program. Although slow to begin interviewing students (since the company hires at many schools), Alcatel got back to me very quickly following the interview. They asked me what I knew about networking, what I knew about the company, what I'd been doing in class, etc. I talked to them about some small personal software projects.

Technical Support for New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

since its new grad position, the entire interview is about school project and thesis, etc. plus, the manager required to take a copy of my published paper, and ask some questions about that as well. and before that, director of the team was talking with me getting to know more about me.

Interview Questions

• gave u a 3 liter and 5 liter container without degree, endless water, how can you make four liter of water.   1 Answer

Sales Administration Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and pleasant interview. Was interviewed by hiring manager plus another person, not sure what their part was. Basic questions about work experience and ability to work in a team and to work under pressure.