Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very lengthly, I had multiple phone calls in different time zones and met with multiple individuals for in person interviews but not all at the same time. The interview questions were grilling mostly how I would deal with one manager who did not deal well with not getting their way.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult Manager who does not like to be told no?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of telephonic interview. Questions were mainly from networking domain and operating systems. Some of the questions were: difference between threads and processes, ipv6, mutex and semaphores, divide and conquer

Network Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Great! Two telephonic rounds. 1st one for 45 minutes and second one for 1.5 hours. I got a call from University career fair. Interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He also asked few puzzles. Just keep your basic networking clear and you will be all set.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interview- first two were telephonic and third was on-site. The interviews were technical ranging from basics of C programming, real-time Operating Systems and tons of questions on basics of Computer Networking.

Onsite interview had 4 rounds with 4 different engineers including hiring manager. Each round was technical with C programming questions and computer networking basics. The interview with hiring manager also included behavioral questions and resume discussion, including discussing life in Mountain View and California in general, as it was my first visit to the state.

Interview Questions

• Binary Tree based programming questions, Linked List based questions- to be programmed in C.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good for entry level position, so didn't negotiate.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Technical interview by phone. All about the networking protocols and the way that packets transmitted. The interviewer is the team leader. H e is very kind to me and not pushing me when I got stuck.

Interview Questions

• the difference between router, switch, hub?   1 Answer
    • How client A connected with client B, just knowing the ip address of B?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a call through employee referral. It was a telephonic round which lasted for 30 mins. Questions were based on networking concepts. I was asked to explain my networking projects mentioned in my resume. They expected me to know at least one scripting language.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one problem you faced in your project and how did you over come that problem.   Answer Question

Qualaity Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring Manager himself.
    I answered well. But since I didn't have any Computer Science background along with programming and scripting experience, I think it didn't go further.

Interview Questions

• HOW A PING SEQUENCE TAKES PLACE BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING topology or any similar topology :
      Host A ---------Router 1---------Router2----------Host B..
      Now, if you ping ( send any packet ) from Host A to Host B, what all happens ?   Answer Question
    • Explain about Hub, Switch and Routers. How are these 3 different from each other. He further asked me in detail about breaking up of collision domain by switches and what happens in Hubs?
      He added if four hosts are connected to four ports of a Hub and and four hosts are connected to a switch and if a host wants to send something, than what happens?   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

ranges from programming, problem solving, validating past experience, good ethics, team player values, consistency and dedication, how passionate you are

in general these values are expected, all the questions and review process revolves around these values. Team lead, a member of the team, manager and director will have the interview with the candidate.

Interview Questions

• the issue/scenrio that I debugged/fixed in my previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is not much of negotiations, the remuneration is well with the market standard

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

over the phone screen and was invited to attend in person. Had to present my experience to a panel of interviews and answer questions both technical and behavioral. Once completed I was told that HR would contact in few days. HR offered a position and discussed salary and benefits. Also agreed to move me .

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was asked questions unrelated to my area of work. Though my graduation was in Information Science Discipline, I was asked Transistors, Gates, Assembly language programming

I was asked puzzles to solve.

There some very good questions asked though.

I didn't like the attitude of some of the people who Interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Write a Assembly language code to check for palindromes.   Answer Question
    • Write a pseudo code to check the file sizes in a folder.   Answer Question