Alcatel-Lucent Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alcatel-Lucent Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was only one face to face round as my screening telephonic round was already done by there prime vendor Insight Global. During both face to face and technical screening, they did ask for Programming test.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to Spring, Maven, TestNG, DHCP, Gateway, pom.xml, SVN, PostGreSQL and Java Coding test.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

While I was in my last year of school, I applied for an internship through the company website. I got an in-person interview. I talked to two managers and one engineer who asked me questions about programming. They asked me to write a basic program in C to make sure I understood how the language works. After that I had lunch with one of the managers and went home. I received an email a couple of days later asking offering me the internship. I took the internship.

After the internship, I went back to finish school (remaining 3 months) and was offered a full-time position. I have been working with the company since.

Interview Questions

• The interview went pretty smooth, I did face a difficult question from the engineer towards the end but I was able to answer after a moment of thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a fresh new grad. I took what they gave me, since I did not know better. I guess I took it because I would still be making more than anybody else I knew at the time.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

The interview process involved first setting up a cisco webex conection for desktop sharing to ensure that the candidate did not google answers. It was a one hour interview with first half invloving technical questions and the second half with programming. The interview was based on the job description.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions included Java basics like classes, interfaces, abstract class differences and definitions, illustration of inheritance and polymorphism. Networking questions included TCP-UDP differences, Three way handshake in TCP, Flags set in a TCP segment, GET and POST in HTTP. Complexity of a List and a HashTable. SQL based questions included Inner Join, Left Join.

Programming involved string manipulation exercises.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Raleigh, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

5 interview rounds with regular C/C++ and Networking questions. Coding questions were manageable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Phone interview, half an hour, asked basic HR questions. Then it goes onto an onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

After applying online I got a call from the hiring manager, after a phone screen they called me for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Garbage Collector details, different algorithm for Garbage Collector , stack memory orientation , I felt they are very worried about operating system and memory management whereas less interested on data structure and algorithms.   1 Answer
    • Stateless objects in Java EE . Java exceptions, Oracle questions (join, like % query, inner query, group by having clause in sql) . Start transaction end transactions in oracle, index, trigger.   Answer Question
    • Regular expression, TCP/IP protocol , different layer of TCP/IP , DNS names, http , Design pattern (MVU)   Answer Question
    • Android questions (what is an activity? how many activity can there be in an application ? ) They even asked for HTML and Javascript. Specific Javascript tags.   Answer Question
    • final, finally in Java . Operating system ,kernel programming , exception handing , parent class of Java exception (throwable class), coding for Fibonacci number, spam mail prevention using suitable data structure, Java primitive type , JSP   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

1 telephone interview, with a few technical questions. Just had to answer a few specific questions on architecture. There was no in person interview. I had very relevant experience, so it was fairly easy to talk in context.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Got call letter for F2F interview. Lame interviewer and had no interest to conduct interview. She asked hardly 5 basic java questions and asked me to leave for the day. As she has not introduced herself, end of the interview I asked for her good name.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is encapsulation?
      2. Difference between hashcode and hashtable, can hashcode be overridden.
      3. Write program to count "This" keyword from file.
      4. Answer for code snippet of simple inheritance concept.
      5. Why are you looking for job change?
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in January 2016.

Interview

Test contains 4 sections, programming, quantitative ability, logical reasoning and English language. all multiple choice questions. In addition to this, there was a coding round with an option of either Java or C++ and two codes.. One of the questions was very easy while the other was time consuming but not difficult

Interview Questions

• Sorting an array in half descending and half ascending order   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Over the phone. No pressure applied by the manager. He wanted to hear about projects and previous work experience and was very open to conversation. Not that many technical questions in the interview. Rather than focus on technicalities, they focused on the approach to solving problems and working with other team members.

Interview Questions

• What was your past work experience? How do you solve problems?   Answer Question