Alcatel-Lucent Software Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alcatel-Lucent Software Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2016

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chennai (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initially they short listed for interview through telephone and then they scheduled on a week day.
Then the following rounds:
3 rounds of Technical rounds ( took around half day)
Then i got a call that , they are OK with my previous rounds and also they scheduled next rounds on another week day.
1 round of Manager round ( around 45 min)
1 round of HR ( around 45 min)
Completed all these rounds..

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions like tell me about yourself, why leaving previous company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Written (Aptitude + Domain) ,
    2 levels of Technical rounds,
    1 level of HR.

Telephonic call regarding the confirmation of date of joining and other formalities and list of documents to be submitted on the date of joining

Interview Questions

• Questions from Areas of Interest and related to software testing   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was called for a F2F interview. Initially all basic protocol questions and the interviewer is mainly focusing on negative scenarios and what packet / message level details , e.g. clear bgp what message will be invoked and what code in the messages are passed. The interviewer is obsessed with Switching related questions and negative scenarios and some more questions on Automation

Interview Questions

• write a program for Fibonnaci series   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

This was for an internship position. I found the interview to be very straightforward. It was a phone interview(30 mins long) and consisted primarily of questions regarding my past projects(from my resume) and an internship that I had just completed. I was asked almost exclusively about my past internship and what I did there/responsibilities there. The only technical question asked was "Describe inheritance in regards to OOP". At this time I do not have an offer but was told that there would be further correspondence once all candidates were interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What is inheritance?(Not difficult or unexpected)   1 Answer

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interviews are pretty difficult. A phone interview and one interview with a senior member of the team. Then up to 5 various team members grill for nearly a full day on various technical and cultural details. Mostly they are looking to determine if you understand the concepts and are willing / able to learn.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Questions regarding past experiences in the field and details to ensure that you understand what you were doing in depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate stock options and $1000 signing bonus. But this was a long time ago...

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone interview with two guys on the other end. It was basically all behaviour questions with some scenario questions with no technical stuff at all. Overall it was very easy I think they might just be desperate lol.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chennai (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

Had a written round followed by 3 rounds of face to face interviews. Written round had questions from networking, programming and aptitude. Interview questions were from basic networking stuffs. And had few questions from my college projects.

Interview Questions

• More on Networking and about my college projects   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timişoara (Romania)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Timişoara (Romania)) in June 2012.

Interview

quite a long process: 2 discussions with the hiring manager, 2 with HR (out of which one included an English and IQ test) and 1 technical test.
    The English test was rather easy, the IQ test was Raven's Progressive Matrices, the technical one had 3 parts: 1 for telecom (2G/3G/4G), one for IP (OSI layers, routing explanations, etc.) and one for Unix.

Interview Questions

• What is tcpdump?
      Describe the LTE network architecture.
      What in your background recommends you for this job?
      What class from University did you like best?
      Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in May 2010.

Interview

1 Phone interview by the hiring/team manager followed by
    7 onsite interviews.
    Phone intvw consisted of basic networking knowledge, scripting skills(how can you find a pattern like a ip address in a router table file) and general questions on interest for position.
    On site was very casual atmosphere , friendly people and extensive grilling on lower level network protocols.

Only one coding question to reverse a linked list. Rest Complete theory.
    They flew me in to calif and took care of stay and reimbursed ground transportation.
    Funny thing was I paid for my lunch interview(beats me!) in the nearby subway.

Overall a positive experience. Focus should be on lower level network protocol theory was the impression that I got.

Interview Questions

• Explain traceroute,testing scenarios,steps that happen when a laptop connects to a internet, find larger of two dates.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in April 2009.

Interview

Was interviewed as a co-op and have had many more casual internal interviews internally when moving to a new position within the company.