Alchemy Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alchemy Systems

3.3

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Alchemy Systems (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was arranged by an outsourced HR company/recruiter. Entire process took about six-eight weeks. Phone screen with recruiter, and three follow up interviews: manager, executive level, and peer interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions varied in difficulty depending on which phase of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Verbal offer was given a few weeks after my final interview, a few days later the formal offer letter arrived and my start date was confirmed.

Alchemy Systems Response

May 8, 2015 – Marketing Communications

Great to have you on board! Thank you for the review, we're glad to have you as a part of the team.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alchemy Systems.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by a 30 minute technical call followed by a 3-hour in person interview. Technical questions on object oriented programming, database optimization, unit testing, agile development process, PHP programming.

Interview Questions

Alchemy Systems Response

May 19, 2014 – Marketing Communications

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply and interview with us, we are sorry to learn that you considered your experience to be a negative one. If you'd like to lend feedback we'd gladly take... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alchemy Systems (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with light tech questions and then came in for a second interview where I was given a laptop to code on and given about five average difficulty coding/MySql questions. I was aloud to use any language I wanted, and use google as needed (in fact the googling ability was an important part of the interview)

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to figure out if a word is a palendrome   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alchemy Systems (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiting agency then a video interview where the applicant is required to respond to a series of questions in front of a webcam. The recorded responses are then reviewed by the recruiting agency and hiring manager/director.

Once you pass those, you're asked to present a power point presentation on the elements of Project Management in front of a panel (8 or so individuals) at their office. After the presentation, you'll be interviewed individually by a few additional people such as the HR Manager.

After you pass the in-person interviews, the recruiting agency will ask for 3 references (at least 2 should be supervisors) and will do a background check.

The whole process probably took a month tops.

Overall, I enjoyed speaking with everyone at Alchemy and the recruiting agency. The team was nice and I genuinely believe I would have enjoyed working with the Director and everyone else. Their office is very nice, big, and spacious by the way.

My decision to not accept the offer was solely compensation related. While they do pay market rate and they have a decent PTO policy, I was presented with a very generous counter by my current employer offer that I could not pass up.

Interview Questions

Received a counter offer by my current employer.

NOC Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alchemy Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I showed up for the interview 10min early, had to wait 20min for someone to interview me. Interview process was somewhat stupid because I wasn't really asked technical questions besides retorted none job related questions.

Then I had to wait another 10minutes for someone else to interviewed me to end up not getting interviewed by the NOC manager.

Program/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alchemy Systems (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied for a project manager role. The night before my first screening they changed the role to program manager. After directly discussing that my experience did not really align with the program manager job posting I was encouraged to move forward. After a 2nd interview I was asked to complete a homework assignment. After completing the homework assignment I was told I did not qualify for the role. I understand sometimes recruiters will provide dishonest excuses when you don't make it to the next phase of the interviewing process. However, my advice would be don't bother with the homework assignment unless you're fairly certain you'll be moving forward. Sounds like they request assignments from everyone and probably don't bother to review. I wonder if they waste your time once you're an employee there as well?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where a project failed and you handled it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alchemy Systems (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Slightly disorganised but they did seem as though they were more focused on culture then work. The office space however is amazing.I don't think working on health and safety is for me.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time where you offered good customer service.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alchemy Systems.

Interview

First had a phone screen from a recruiter. Then I went in for two in person interviews. First was only with hiring manager, second with a 7 person panel. Then, there was a third interview was a mock kick off call presentation for a large panel. Hiring manager called me to tell me I did not get the position, and had some valuable insight as to why. Has kept in touch since the interview.

Interview Questions

• Had to prepare and present a mock kick off call?   1 Answer