Alcoa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcoa (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at the career fair and then they signed me up for a next day in person interview. The in person interview was mainly behavioral questions, then after that I was sent a link to a video interview. The video interview was one where they had pre-set questions and I was supposed to record my answer for them and send it to them.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alcoa (Visalia, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They provide no feed back and take a long time to complete the interview process.
    The line of questioning was interesting in how I would fit into the role. It just took a long time for the hiring manager to make a decision on next steps. I would think that they would be a little more diligent in the hiring process.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcoa in October 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. I was greeted at the door by the hiring manager. It was just one guy asking questions and taking notes. The process went smoothly, and the guy was super easy to talk to. He described the internship details and said he would contact me in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a difficult obstacle independently. How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for what I thought was an engineering internship interview on campus and submitted my resume through my campus's interview scheduling program. I was so excited when I found out that Alcoa had chosen me to interview and spent 3-4 days preparing for the interview (even missing work hours while at the interview). This would have been all fine had the interview actually been for the position I wanted, but midway through my introduction about my past research, the interviewer says that I'm not suited for the position and that I should apply for the engineering internship, as this interview was only for graduating business students to get a full time position in management. Somehow it not only slipped through the cracks to mention in the listing that this interview was NOT for engineering internships, but whoever screened resumes neglected to notice that I was neither a graduating senior nor a business student and therefore was not even qualified for the job they wanted. This whole experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth about Alcoa's hiring process and does not seem to bode well for other administrative issues.

Intern Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email to conduct a Phone Interview. The questions were quite basic and mostly situational and behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary. The interviewer was nice too.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where your morals were put in question   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position on line. Had a phone screen with an HR person. I didn't hear anything after a couple of weeks, so I called them. They asked for an onsite interview. I went in for a half day interview with about 6 different people. Pretty standard interview questions. Before the interview, I had to do a personality/skill test and a web based reference check.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing special or unusual   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very professional.
    Normal format.
    Some behavioral questions to kick start.
    Then deep dived into the projects.
    Checked my knowledge about how Alcoa works.
    Alcoa specific questions were quite deep.
    Very professional.
    Normal format.
    Some behavioral questions to kick start.
    Then deep dived into the projects.
    Checked my knowledge about how Alcoa works.
    Alcoa specific questions were quite deep.

Interview Questions

• Overall review of the projects done.
      People and collaboration skills.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. Phone screening followed by an onsite interview. Great atmosphere. Easy to find. Had a very positive experience. Questions were typical of most interviews I have gone on.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alcoa, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alcoa (Alcoa, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

My recruiter found my resume on a job site and gauged my interest. I sent him an updated resume and he contacted the client. They wanted to meet me and I interviewed that day. It was very positive. Pending a drug screen and background check, they were going to make up their minds. I am not sure how many people applied or sat for an interview. I had no problems with the screen and background check and I was offered the job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Summarize my experience with networking, general comfort with managing communications and not having any actual hands-on work. This did change later, but the job was about 95% project communications and scheduling and 5% hands-on.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alcoa.

Interview

long and exhaustive process - they run you through several people that takes over 6 hours total not sure if they really understand what they are doing, but it is there process and it works for them