Alcoa Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

3.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional and well-done. Asked very meaningful questions and appeared to genuinely care about me as a potential employee. They were very prompt in calling me after my application was submitted.

Interview Questions

• What in the job description convinced you to apply for this internship?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, two phone interviews first with an HR guy then a couple of people from the team. I then visited the technical center where I met with other scientists on the team and presented for 30 minutes about my research. It was a great experience! Everybody was polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• The mostly just asked about the experiences on my resume. At the very end of the onsite visit the HR guy went through a couple of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for what I thought was an engineering internship interview on campus and submitted my resume through my campus's interview scheduling program. I was so excited when I found out that Alcoa had chosen me to interview and spent 3-4 days preparing for the interview (even missing work hours while at the interview). This would have been all fine had the interview actually been for the position I wanted, but midway through my introduction about my past research, the interviewer says that I'm not suited for the position and that I should apply for the engineering internship, as this interview was only for graduating business students to get a full time position in management. Somehow it not only slipped through the cracks to mention in the listing that this interview was NOT for engineering internships, but whoever screened resumes neglected to notice that I was neither a graduating senior nor a business student and therefore was not even qualified for the job they wanted. This whole experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth about Alcoa's hiring process and does not seem to bode well for other administrative issues.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position on line. Had a phone screen with an HR person. I didn't hear anything after a couple of weeks, so I called them. They asked for an onsite interview. I went in for a half day interview with about 6 different people. Pretty standard interview questions. Before the interview, I had to do a personality/skill test and a web based reference check.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing special or unusual   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very professional.
    Normal format.
    Some behavioral questions to kick start.
    Then deep dived into the projects.
    Checked my knowledge about how Alcoa works.
    Alcoa specific questions were quite deep.
    Very professional.
    Normal format.
    Some behavioral questions to kick start.
    Then deep dived into the projects.
    Checked my knowledge about how Alcoa works.
    Alcoa specific questions were quite deep.

Interview Questions

• Overall review of the projects done.
      People and collaboration skills.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. Phone screening followed by an onsite interview. Great atmosphere. Easy to find. Had a very positive experience. Questions were typical of most interviews I have gone on.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

A brief phone interview to schedule a interview in the following week or so. he told me about something that what they do, and then asked several basic questions about the resume, and the classic question tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• basic questions and a a case, the case was what do you thing about the increasing number about the exports from china, should we concern about that?   Answer Question

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a little over one week later for an initial phone screen with two interviewers, then an on-site behavioral interview (company provided lodging and reimbursement for transportation) with four different interviewers (four one-on-one interviews), including an interview with your prospective manager. Interviewers were friendly and made me feel comfortable. Similar questions were asked by each of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What has led to your interest in this industry/position?   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with human resources. Then a phone screening occurred with the hiring manager. I came in for an in face interview where I met with 4 people at once where they asked pre written questions.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcoa (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Started the interview process when I met with one of the VPs at Alcoa. The meeting was more for the company to get to know me, my background, technical experience, etc. I was then invited back for a set of interviews with four members of the team. The questions were behavioral based, no real technical questions. A lot of the questions were situational. Some examples were "have you ever had to talk between departments", "give an example of a time you had to stand up and lead", and other questions along these lines that match competencies (many companies use these). The interview process, from start to end, was personable unlike most companies I interviewed at. The conversations were more "laid back", so to speak. We were talking about their questions, their tasks they complete on a daily basis, etc. It was more of a discussion than interview which was a refreshing change in comparison to other interviews I was part of. The interviewers weren't afraid to be social, when noticing common ground like where we grew up, went to school, etc. It was overall a great experience, and actually prepared me for more interviews down the road that helped me get another position.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral questions they asked were expected. I just didn't expect to not be asked any technical questions.   Answer Question