Alcon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The first round was a telephonic conversation with the hiring manager. Gained a lot of knowledge and insight about the position. Two weeks later I was told that I got selected for an on campus interview. The interview was with an Analyst and the hiring manager. Few behavioral and technical questions. The campus is really beautiful and they told me about all the work the company does. Although I didn't get the job, it was an interesting experience.

CAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Very professional company. Applied online and within a day a recruiter emailed me asking about my interests. Never made it through the full interview process, they hired someone before I had my scheduled interview

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a basic telephone HR interview. Asked few questions like walk me through your resume, tell me some internship experiences. Tell me something about Alcon? Why are you interested in this position

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?
      Tell me about your experiences?
      Tell me about Alcon?   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for your review.

Associate Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon (Johns Creek, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and had a brief interview with her. She said I had been picked from top three candidates to interview with the hiring manager. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager about three days after the initial interview with the recruiter. Both of these interviews were about my background, education, experience. A week later the recruiter emailed me letting me know I had been chosen to do an on site interview. I had the on site interview about two weeks after initial contact. The on site interview consisted of five separate interviews and took almost the entire day including a lunch interview with the team. Questions were mostly situational, personality and some about my resume. I was contacted back about three weeks after on site interview letting me know I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline at work
      Are you an extrovert or introvert
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      What do you know about Alcon and why do you want to work here
      Are you comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience with us. We wish you all the best.

Scientist (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email from an employee asking if i was still seeking a job - after i confirmed was told i would be short listed and if selected as top 3 candidate i would receive an interview. After 2 days got email saying i had an interview in a week consisting of five 1 on 1 interviews for 1.5 hours. A little over two weeks later got email that they had chosen another candidate for the position. Questions consisted of details on my resume and the general behavioral and situational type of questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Name three things you would change about your self?
      2) People person or Taskmaster?
      3) Give a time when ..... and how did you handle it type questions   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The Recruiters were very nice. I got to the interview and wasted my time. They were late by 20 mins. They didn't even know my name. YOU ARE INTERVIEWING ME! One of the interviewers was more focused on their phone and their agenda than me. I'm a strong believer in being prepared for an interview but that did not matter too them. I was asked 5 questions that had nothing to do with the job. How does that tell you who you are hiring? Not to mention that they did not write anything I had to say down. The atmosphere was not welcoming and before I can even leave the room they were on to the next applicant. I understand that you are interviewing several applicants, and may even have to go "through the motions" of the hiring process but have the decency to respect the fact that they came out. Then I didn't actually get a no I had to call the recruiter to actually get a "they went with other applicants" and "they made their decision Monday and I apologize you didn't get the email". Very UNPROFESSIONAL! Jobs come and go and you either get them or you don't and life goes on but respect is becoming more and more unknown. Thank you for not hiring me because I do not wish to work for you.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Nov 14, 2016

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear you had this experience and will use some of this feedback to strive to be better for our candidates going forward. We wish you all the best.

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring Director in Houston mid Nov 2016. Had all qualifications + had worked with top pharma/med device firms. Director new in role but still no excuse for poor communication. I was a local candidate and mentioned I had other interested employers so I needed a timely response. I was told I'd hear one way or another within 2 weeks. I followed-up with HR; HR was waiting on direction from Director & could not provide update. Now it's Jan, I have 3 job offers, all from Fortune 100 companies. Very disappointed with Alcon's responsiveness and inefficient hiring process. I'm used to and expected much better. I had seen other reviews mentioning similiar experiences but can now say I've lived it. Glad I'm going elsewhere. I've hired numerous employees in my career and understand that things come up. However, leaving well qualified candidates up in the air is quite unprofessional and disrespectful.

The company I'll be accepting an offer from reached out the next day after completing a video interview! They have moved quickly on answering questions, scheduling the site interview, and making an offer. AMAZING! That's the type of company I want to work for!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Alcon?   1 Answer

Jan 12, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience as we strive to give each candidate the best experience possible. Your feedback is what will help us improve. All the best to you.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

I recently applied for a sales representative role . I received an email a day later from a third party called Korn Ferry asking to setup an interview for the Alcon position. Before I could respond I received an email that day from the hiring manager about a second phone interview with him. He wanted to do the phone interview the next day. I work full time so was only able to complete one of the phone interviews. I then started receiving texts from Korn Ferry that they were going to complain to the hiring manager that I hadn't done their phone interview yet, and have him stress the importance of doing their phone interview. On top of that I was asked asked to then attend an in person meeting . All of this happened within 48 hours. I work full time. It across disorganized and the Korn Ferry recruiters text messages led me to withdraw from consideration.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Nov 1, 2016

We are sorry that you have had this experience. Your feedback is what will help us improve.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alcon (Lake Forest, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The company is looking for a data analyst, actually it requires someone has the skill with SAP. Because I recently graduated from school, never used SAP before. So the result would be obvious for me. The interviewer is very nice, he only asked me few questions. Most of the time, he talked about the company business. After the interview, he took me to look around the company, and introduced every apartment of the company.

Interview Questions

• what is your background about data analysis and the SAP skill?   Answer Question

Oct 17, 2016

Good luck to you on your future endeavors. We appreciate you taking time to write a review.

Clinical Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later a recruiter contacted me to get my availability for a phone screen which was later moved to a different date. Several weeks after the phone screen I was contacted for an onsite interview with very little notice and the interview was only confirmed a day before. The on site interview itself was great (although my interview schedule was full of errors the hiring manager had to correct). Typical behavioral interview with 4-5 different team members, but no peers which was a little disappointing. I would have liked to ask someone in the actual job about it. I left the interview with a good feeling about Alcon. However, 6 weeks later and I never heard anything back, couldn't even get the recruiter to respond back to me to confirm if they'd gone with another candidate. Incredibly unprofessional and unorganized recruiting staff.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Nov 1, 2016

We are sorry to hear about this. We strive to have a great experience for our candidates so we appreciate your feedback to help us improve for the future.