Alcon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

It's been a wonderful experience. They were very timely in communication. Fairly simple process. Two phone interviews and then on-site. After the on-site, they got back within three days to share positive feedback and in next two days made an offer.

Interview Questions

• How have you stay connected with global stake holders?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcon (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a basic telephone HR interview. Asked few questions like walk me through your resume, tell me some internship experiences. Tell me something about Alcon? Why are you interested in this position

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?
      Tell me about your experiences?
      Tell me about Alcon?

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for your review.

Associate Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon (Johns Creek, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and had a brief interview with her. She said I had been picked from top three candidates to interview with the hiring manager. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager about three days after the initial interview with the recruiter. Both of these interviews were about my background, education, experience. A week later the recruiter emailed me letting me know I had been chosen to do an on site interview. I had the on site interview about two weeks after initial contact. The on site interview consisted of five separate interviews and took almost the entire day including a lunch interview with the team. Questions were mostly situational, personality and some about my resume. I was contacted back about three weeks after on site interview letting me know I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet a deadline at work
      Are you an extrovert or introvert
      What is your greatest accomplishment
      What do you know about Alcon and why do you want to work here
      Are you comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience with us. We wish you all the best.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon (Johns Creek, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got contacted by the HR about a week later. Then was scheduled for a phone technical interview which four people including the hiring manager. Two weeks later they invited me for on-site interview, which consists of 5 panel interview including a lunch interview with the group. Overall very positive interview experience. Most questions are based on resume, also there are some behavior questions assigned by the HR. Got contacted by HR 3 days after saying I was selected. Then accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alcon.
      Experience with water soluble polymers.

Jun 20, 2017

Congratulations! Thank you for your review.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

they ask Integrity Questions, had to go through 3 interviews with different people, once done with the interview, it was just a matter of waiting. It took the longest about a month and half. so Be patient

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of situation when you had an argument with your boss and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • give me an example of your creativity, and other behavioral questions   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2017

We appreciate your review.

Scientist (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email from an employee asking if i was still seeking a job - after i confirmed was told i would be short listed and if selected as top 3 candidate i would receive an interview. After 2 days got email saying i had an interview in a week consisting of five 1 on 1 interviews for 1.5 hours. A little over two weeks later got email that they had chosen another candidate for the position. Questions consisted of details on my resume and the general behavioral and situational type of questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Name three things you would change about your self?
      2) People person or Taskmaster?
      3) Give a time when ..... and how did you handle it type questions

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I was hired through a contracting agency. I was contacted by the agency that asked if I was interested. I said yes and my resume was sent to the company for review. The next day I got a call that I was asked to have a phone interview the same day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very detailed and pertained mainly to my most recent position, where I had similar job tasks. "Can you tell me about som HPLC troubleshooting you have had to do?" "How did you go about preparing samples for your method validation?"   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for your review.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcon (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

watching a power point introduction about the job there with some details about the managers name and the laws, after that we do the exam about that, if you pass the exam you'll be hired.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous experiences.
      indicate the time of work.

Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for writing a review of your interview process with us.

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Multiple interviews starting with a screening call, phone interviews with the hiring manager and an on-site interview. The screening and the phone rounds were technical and the on-site interview was a mix of both technical and personality/situational questions.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Jan 12, 2017

We appreciate your review and taking the time to write a review.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The Recruiters were very nice. I got to the interview and wasted my time. They were late by 20 mins. They didn't even know my name. YOU ARE INTERVIEWING ME! One of the interviewers was more focused on their phone and their agenda than me. I'm a strong believer in being prepared for an interview but that did not matter too them. I was asked 5 questions that had nothing to do with the job. How does that tell you who you are hiring? Not to mention that they did not write anything I had to say down. The atmosphere was not welcoming and before I can even leave the room they were on to the next applicant. I understand that you are interviewing several applicants, and may even have to go "through the motions" of the hiring process but have the decency to respect the fact that they came out. Then I didn't actually get a no I had to call the recruiter to actually get a "they went with other applicants" and "they made their decision Monday and I apologize you didn't get the email". Very UNPROFESSIONAL! Jobs come and go and you either get them or you don't and life goes on but respect is becoming more and more unknown. Thank you for not hiring me because I do not wish to work for you.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Nov 14, 2016

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear you had this experience and will use some of this feedback to strive to be better for our candidates going forward. We wish you all the best.