Alcon Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alcon Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2016

3.7

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

I recently applied for a sales representative role . I received an email a day later from a third party called Korn Ferry asking to setup an interview for the Alcon position. Before I could respond I received an email that day from the hiring manager about a second phone interview with him. He wanted to do the phone interview the next day. I work full time so was only able to complete one of the phone interviews. I then started receiving texts from Korn Ferry that they were going to complain to the hiring manager that I hadn't done their phone interview yet, and have him stress the importance of doing their phone interview. On top of that I was asked asked to then attend an in person meeting . All of this happened within 48 hours. I work full time. It across disorganized and the Korn Ferry recruiters text messages led me to withdraw from consideration.

Interview Questions

Alcon Response

Nov 1, 2016

We are sorry that you have had this experience. Your feedback is what will help us improve.

Other Interview Reviews for Alcon

Anonymous Employee in Bettendorf, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcon (Bettendorf, IA).

Interview

There was an initial phone screen then several face to face interviews. The face to face interviews are usually with the hiring manager and possibly with another district manager in order for them to get a second opinion. Along the process there will be a field ride along with a local rep or two. The final interview is usually with the Regional Manager down in Fort Worth, Tx.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

One of the weirdest interviews I've ever had because of how unfriendly and awkward this manager was. Completely uninterested in the answers I gave, mgr was staring at the ceiling at one point and barely made eye contact anytime I spoke. Bad personality, never cracked a smile for a second, to say "dry" personality would b an understatement. I'm pretty sure this manager would be a holy terror and not someone I want to work for.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon in February 2012.

Interview

Recruiter called me and thought I would be perfect for the postion. They continued with a 1/1 with territory manager. Interview went fantastic, great manager and the job sounded perfect. I didn't hear back from recruiter/manager for two weeks. They contacted me for the 2nd interview which went perfectly. I was flown to meet the regional manager for final interview. First off I waited over 2 hours, they forgot about our interview time, I was headed back to the airport before the manager came out and apolozied. I decided to stay for interview and they booked me a later flight. The interview was pretty rough. It was hard to read how it went because the regional manager was blank and really didn't let me be me or ask a lot of questions. I went back to the airport and my new flight was not booked, I waited another hour so they could fix it bc Alcon reserved it but didn't pay for it. I barely was able to board my plane. I wrote a follow up email right away, thanking them. I didn't hear back after week one, I sent another email and called manager to see what was going on. NOTHING. I contacted the recruiter, she had no knowledge that they even flew me out for the final interview. She was not happy because I should have been notiflied or her. She proceeded to contact Alcons HR and they didn't know anything either. One month after my second interview, I still didn't hear from the manager and the recriuter said, "just take it as a no." I went above and beyond, I felt I deserved to know why.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcon in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring district manager, with a non-hiring district manager and regional director.

Negotiation

When they offered me a base salary, I negotiated for a higher salary

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcon in November 2015.

Interview

Im ersten Schritt ein Telefoninterview: nettes, informatives Gespräch. Die Rückmeldung erfolgte nach ca 5 Tagen mit einer Einladung zum Vorstellungsgespräch.
    Das Vorstellungsgespräch: Mein Gegenüber war mir gegenüber sehr reserviert, wirkte nicht gerade interessiert und gerade noch höflich. Gefragt wurde das übliche, die Atmosphäre war gespannt und unangenehm. Eine Rückmeldung habe ich nie erhalten. Telefonisch wurde ich zuerst auf die folgende Woche vertröstet, später war niemand mehr zu erreichen und jegliche Reaktion blieb aus.

Interview Questions

• Warum Pharma? Wie sieht ein üblicher Tag aus? Warum waren Ihre Abiturnoten nicht besser?   Answer Question