Aldine Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.3

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online interview and in person follow up, one to one with the principal, pretty simple questions. Not that long maybe 20 to 30 minutes. Didn't have to wait, Started on time. Principal was not very intimidating, felt comfortable and was told kids can be challenging.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your attendance?   1 Answer
    • If I was pregnant.   1 Answer

Assistant Principal Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District.

Interview

Not transparent, very uncoordinated. Schools have different processes and the District makes decisions inconsistent with the recommendations from the campuses. One must determine the gender and race of the vacancy before applying (i.e. If an African American male leaves an administrative position, 85% of the time, they are replace with another African American male). Very little communication from anyone regarding job status.

Science Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District.

Interview

Attended a job fair that was at a high school. They gave you an appointment sheet to sign up and they interview on the spot. Principals and other staff present and upfront about school values and expectations.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later for an interview. I arrived about 15 minutes early and had a panel interview. Principal told me she was submitting my name for hiring to HR. Took HR about a week to call me.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview with principal, lasted about one hour and I was offered the job on the spot. Not sure what else to say. It was simple and straight forward. Some interviews are not like that, they can be in front of a committee.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was mainly about how well I could maintain a classroom and student behavior. Not about curriculum. This should have been a red flag. Two principals were in the interview, we hit it off fairly well and they seemed very friendly. The interview lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. After the interview I was contacted by HR letting me know they were interested in hiring me. The whole process took about 1.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How often do you anticipate sending students to the front office for behavior issues?   Answer Question

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then contacted by the elementary school for an interview. Arrived 15 mixture early, school Principal was in an interview with another candidate when I arrived. Given and accepted an offer 4 days later by HR.

Interview Questions

• Explain what your reading block would look like. What would I see when I walked into your classroom?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by the principal and set up an interview. I arrived early and waited. It was a one on one interview. She asked me about 15 questions and I asked her questions about the next steps.

Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was presented as a District hiring event which was open to current Aldine ISD employees. One initial interview followed by a panel interview of 2 to 3 administrators. After a follow up the entire process from interview to hire was two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Educational strateies?
      Work relationships?
      How to managed stress?
      Answer Question

RN School Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aldine, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District (Aldine, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

It was easy. When you apply online, you need to call the principal at the school you applied to and schedule and interview. This is the way they conduct their interviews, the person applying for the job calls to request an interview.