Aldine Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

School Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Participated in an initial screening with one potential supervisor. On another day, I was called to a panel interview with 5 individuals in various leadership roles for the district.

Teacher H S Social Studies Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District.

Interview

HR Interview:
    I interviewed with HR at a job fair and be forewarned that they will ask you to run through a lesson. They basically went through my resume and asked me questions based on that and on how I would conduct my classroom and teaching methods. After that I applied online.

School Interview:
    So I arrived at least 15 min early and was greeted by the secretary. I was then asked to fill out a form that contained three questions on discipline, learner-centered instruction, and any major difficulties I think I may have in working at that school. After completing the form I was greeted by the AP and escorted to their office. It was a one-on-one interview that lasted about 20 min. and it was conducted in a friendly and professional manner.

On a side note this was the first interview, and I expect that it may just be this interviewer, where I wasn't asked the typical and always expected question: So tell me about yourself.

Questions:
    Why do you want to teach this subject?
    How are you on attendance and punctuality?
    How would you teach your subject or conduct a lesson?
    Have you taken any professional development?
    How would you motivate a student or a reluctant learner?
    Why do you want to work at this school?

Secondary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for various interviews in the district. Most interviews have a form to fill out asking about educational and employment background, discipline management style, teaching style, and what would you need to adjust to be successful. They ask questions about how you would prepare students for the STAAR test, how you would deal with disruptions in class, previous experience, are you willing to attend staff trainings, and etc.

High School English Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aldine Independent School District (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

For this position, I sent an electronic copy of my resume. From there, the secretary replied with an interview date and time and asked is I could make it. I confirmed the interview. Showed up for the interview and had to read a book. Wen to the back and to my suprise, I was sitting before a panel. I did not know I was going to have a panel interview. The interview then went very well and I was happy with the demeanor and attitudes of the interviewers.