Alere Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alere (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a two interview type of process. There was a phone interview and then there was an in-person interview. There was some role-playing in the in-person interview. It was a very, simple process, and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alere (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Appointment at Seattle downtown office, call back. Got it quickly. Training began two weeks later. No coherent training, all changes when you start working. People taken aside from their cubicle and then gone, Schedules change too, for the very worse. Full of strange close minded trainers and supervisors. Drug test required.

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alere (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

The in-person interview was more like an oral exam, where I was quizzed about my knowledge of treatment protocols for various chronic diseases. There was even a "mock" care call as part of the interview. I was not informed about any of this prior to my interview so I did not study/prepare ahead of time. Although, I am knowledgeable about nutrition interventions for most chronic diseases, they did ask me about a disease that I wasn't as familiar with (as compared to others) so that caught me off guard.

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
    Very first question of in-person interview (paraphrasing)..."Given what you know about the job so far, what would you like about the job?"

Second question of in-person interview (paraphrasing)..."Given what you know about the job so far, what would you not like about the job?"
    I thought this was a very negative way to start an interview. It is also a difficult question to answer because during the interview is where you learn the details about the position. Of course, I was honest. The schedule for this job includes early mornings (4:30 or 5 AM start) or late nights (work until 8 or 9 PM) AND weekends, so I told them that I would not like the schedule. I think they "crossed me off the list" right at that moment. I am sure it did not set a good tone for the rest of the interview. It is an unfair question, and it definitely should not be asked right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• Knowing what you know about the job so far, what would you not like about the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alere (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency. I did a one on one with an Alere Employee and a phone interview as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play being on the phone with a client.   Answer Question