Alert Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.1

Principal Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

AL internal recruiting reached out; pre-filtered mutual fit requirements. Did pre-screening phone call with hiring manager. Got brought in for a F2F on-site scheduled. Was supposed to be round robin with multiple interviewers but became just the hiring manager. Initial schedule was for a 3 hour+ schedule; got moved down to about 1.5 hours interviewing with one person. Recruiter reached out and notified me of status.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the new Alert Logic?   Answer Question
    • It isn't a question; more so he brought down a game called Master Mind and makes you run through case conditions for logic and determining patterns.   Answer Question
    • Why have you moved around so much between jobs   Answer Question

C/C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alert Logic.

Interview

Before calling for interview, they sent down specs to write an expression evaluation engine. I wrote the engine, but purposefully left a couple bugs and sent them the code and told them what the bugs were so that they know I can fix them if I wanted to. But these guys wanted a full working code from me for free. Good job, Alert Logic. You are out of my list. You have no respect for candidates. I was not your employee and even then look at your expectation. You did not even bothered scheduling an interview but wanted to use me. What a shame.

Territory Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Brought in a recruiting company to run interview. The entire process lasted from 8:15am to 7:15pm with little breaks. Only talked to someone from Alert Logic for a total of three minutes, the rest was done through the recruiting company. Not the best interviewing process, Alert Logic could have definitely made it more personal.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an in person interview. In person interview was about 2 hours long with 3 people who were very friendly. Make sure you prepare according to the job description and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an on going attack?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager (who was awesome), face to face interview with various team members. One of the folks on the list had resigned so they brought in 2 others to fill gap. Most of the employees I spoke to had been there less than a year. Seems like a very dynamic work environment with a revolving door of employees coming and going. They say it's due to growth but I'm thinking there's other drivers causing people to cycle out so fast.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in an environment where priorities change all the time...which tells me there's no real leadership.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Threat Exploit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I actually didn't apply for an interview. The team at Alert Logic was proactive in contacting me for an interview. I went through a phone interview with a recruiter after a linkedin conversation. From there he had me interview with the Manager in charge of hiring and it went great. Then came the technical interview which was a challenge as it should be. If you know your stuff it will be easy. The job offer was sent and accepted a few days after the technical interview and the whole process took about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SIEM Systems and if so, what are they used for?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email setting up a time for a phone screen within 30 minutes of my applying online. Phone screen let to a bit of a delay in getting back to me about an interview, and then a bit of a delay in letting me know if I got the job. Overall communication throughout the process was consistent, apologetic about length of time, and positive.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences and how that can translate into my working at their company   Answer Question

Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Communication was not the best. I had to call several times to follow up after they told me they would call. I was met with excuses several times, but when I did get to speak with someone they were professional and helpful. I understand that the company is growing and they may be understaffed a bit right now, but they nearly lost me because of the lapses in communication. The interview questions were applicable, however I did get several trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the steps involved in the UDP handshake   3 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Got called for an interview on campus through a recruiter at a job fair. Asked some behavioral questions and then proceeded to ask about the projects I had worked on outside of school. The interview then ended with two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the C function atoi? Given the time of the day, find the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand at that time?   Answer Question

Cloud Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX).

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with a recruiter followed by two phone interviews and then an in-office interview. Each interviewer seemed to provide positive feedback and guidance in terms of strengths and weaknesses. After this, I heard NOTHING. No word from the recruiter, no followup emails, no phone calls. I would have at least appreciated a "thanks but no thanks".

Interview Questions

• The phone interview asked a series of technical questions about Windows and Linux. The in-person interview dealt with soft-skills. There were many questions about past work experience.   Answer Question