Alert Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alert Logic Interview Questions

Interviews at Alert Logic

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Got called for an interview on campus through a recruiter at a job fair. Asked some behavioral questions and then proceeded to ask about the projects I had worked on outside of school. The interview then ended with two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the C function atoi? Given the time of the day, find the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand at that time?   Answer Question

Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Communication was not the best. I had to call several times to follow up after they told me they would call. I was met with excuses several times, but when I did get to speak with someone they were professional and helpful. I understand that the company is growing and they may be understaffed a bit right now, but they nearly lost me because of the lapses in communication. The interview questions were applicable, however I did get several trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the steps involved in the UDP handshake   3 Answers

Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial questions and interview setup was smooth. The only hiccup was being asked to email my personal information (including social security number). Be sure to take the fax option. There is a check-in computer in the lobby did not contain the names of 2 of the four people I interviewed with. Not good from a security/quality standpoint. Tour of the office and staff was great. Quiet and well organized. Looked like they were assembling a cyber army. The interview should have taken place over Skype. The interview is scheduled for a full 4 hours--be prepared for that.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I got an email setting up a time for a phone screen within 30 minutes of my applying online. Phone screen let to a bit of a delay in getting back to me about an interview, and then a bit of a delay in letting me know if I got the job. Overall communication throughout the process was consistent, apologetic about length of time, and positive.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences and how that can translate into my working at their company   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager (who was awesome), face to face interview with various team members. One of the folks on the list had resigned so they brought in 2 others to fill gap. Most of the employees I spoke to had been there less than a year. Seems like a very dynamic work environment with a revolving door of employees coming and going. They say it's due to growth but I'm thinking there's other drivers causing people to cycle out so fast.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in an environment where priorities change all the time...which tells me there's no real leadership.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

My interview process may have been unique. I didn't come into the office for my two interviews. I went to lunch with the hiring manager and his boss. It was by the far the best and most relaxing interview process I've ever experienced. YMMV

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Technical phone interview. Asked about C/C++ static declarations, cost of using a class, what is best thing to throw to exception handler (value, pointer, reference), what is difference between a reference and a pointer. I thought his questions were not phrased in a very straightforward way; you have to talk to him a bit to find out what he wants. Followed up with programming test: write a program to convert a simple text matching syntax into a regular expression and then use that RE to qualify input lines of text, printing out the ones that match. Problem is easy if you know REs, you have several days at home to do it. My program worked but no feedback from them after 4-5 days waiting. If they were interested further they would have me come in for a full day of interviews.
    Edit: finally called back, scheduled in-house interviews for 5 hours, one-on-one with team members. Interviews scheduled through lunch time with no break for me. Some interviews were friendly technical discussions, others were grilling sessions on similar topics: C++ classes, pointers, etc. Interview with Engineering VP as well, asked to elaborate on technical problems encountered in previous work.

Interview Questions

• you could throw a value, reference or pointer. which type is best for an exception handler?   1 Answer
    • what are the 5 ways you can declare something static and what does it mean?   1 Answer
    • A linked list may have a loop to itself. How to find out? and having a loop, how to find the right link to delete the loop and restore the list?   1 Answer
    • You have 4 items, 3 have identical weight, 1's weight is a bit different (but are otherwise indistinguishable). Using only 2 weightings on a balance scale, determine which item is the oddball.   1 Answer

lowball offer of only $80k. apparently this is their standard offer for a sr. software developer. completely bogus, don't waste your time with these people. They are the kind of people who want to buy diamonds at walmart.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Very though, 4-5 Interviews with different people, Principal Architect, Project Manager, Senior Engineers, Regional Manager, They make sure that you really know what you claim to know on your CV.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, about your specific role and CV technical skills. Solve a software problem live in front of a couple people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a call from HR to set up an initial phone interview which went well. Proceeded to a call with department manager and another employee. HR called with positive feedback and we set up a face to face interview. I had a panel interview with 3 people. Everyone was friendly and very personable. They explained in detail what the job role was and what to expect. I was told that i would definitely be hearing from them. I never received an email or phone call from anyone at any point afterwards. The whole situation was very confusing. It would be nice to receive an email stating they decided to “pursue other candidates”

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was done to diffuse it?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alert Logic.

Interview

Pretty much like most others, apply online, phone interview, technical interview, onsite interview, then the job. All in all, a typical interview. Just be yourself and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a flat salary. They will promise unlimited commissions and earning potential, but like all things, this isn't always the case.