Alexander Mann Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.9

Foundation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Phone interview, two 45 minute in person interviews, role playing experience, very unprofessional time consuming poor experience. They seemed unorganized and were slow to respond. They are very big on their "culture."

Interview Questions

• Which one of our values do you most relate too and why?   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2017 – Human Resources Business Partner

We appreciate you taking some time to post feedback about your experience. I would like to offer to speak to you to gain additional insight because hearing you had an unprofessional and time ... More

Foundations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Had call with someone, then invited in. Met with several people & had a tour of the office. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. They spent a lot of time with me and answered my questions.

Lead Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a message on LinkedIn, I responded back fast and the girl was very happy about it. Had a phone interview a few hours later. Got invited to a in-person interview. Went downtown and paid for parking to the interview, (unemployed so had to ask for money from family) could not get into the door so I waited for someone to let me in. When I got there there was no one to greet or help so I had to find someone. Waited some more then interviewed with the HR, that went very well, then interviewed with another lady, that went well as well. Had to jump and do a random event role playing with excel for 30 minutes, didn't receive much help. Then onto a role playing with a phone call with limited information. There were 5 people in the room while this was going on and they were taking notes, that's what made me choke a bit. Then an excel role play, which only took me 5 minutes. I thought everything went well but I never heard back from them. If they based my whole interview only a the phone role play then there is something wrong with that company.

Recruiting Interview

Interview

Met at a Career Fair last year and loved talking to the organization so went back today to check in. Women I talked to were catty, immature and were just reciting something they had been taught. They acted as if I was bothering them by coming up to share my interest in the organization. The team there today was much more junior than the team last year

Interview Questions

Alexander Mann Solutions Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Human Resources Business Partner

We want to thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience. I would like to offer to speak to you in confidence to learn more as your feedback is valuable. You can reach out to ... More

Lead Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted me online for the position. Completed one hour long phone screen, one 30 min interview, 1 hour long presentation. One two and half hour IV with four people.
    I had a perplexed look on my face when the head honcho during the interview asked me what I knew about "AMS"? Due to me being on an Analytics position interview I thought they were referring to an Applicant Tracking System. Aparantly AMS is an acronym for Alexander Mann Solutions. Who would know that unless they were an internal employee? Unfortunately the look of judgement and contempt on the interviewers face was enough to know the interview was dead in the water.
     What happened was I was told I was not strong enough for the position and they would like to know if I would be interested in a "standardized recruiter position"? Mind you I would have had to interview all over again for this role. If an organization is unable to decipher from: an hour long phone screen, 30 minutes with the hiring manager over the phone, an hour long PowerPoint presentation for 3 people, and a 2 1/2 hour long interview with 4 people the skill set of the individual and their follow through, why would I bother ever considering any position within that company. Hindsight being 20/20 the entire experience seemed like a bait and switch to get me in the door, knowing full well that the position was for a standardized recruiter.
    Imagine someone saying "we don't think your enough of a qualified candidate for this position. But we would like to consider you another position, approximately three tiers below what you interviewed for over the past month. Only to add insult to injury by saying I will need to take time out of my schedule again to meet the decision makers. Incredible the lack of respect and consciousness people have for others time. Awful awful awful experience, save yourself the PTO, energy, and time...just look for an internal position.

Interview Questions

• Asked during the interview "I'm sure you did your research with AMS."   1 Answer
    • Would you be open to recruiting candidates if the analytics end was slow?   1 Answer

Feb 16, 2017 – Human Resources Business Partner

We want to thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your interview process. I would like to offer to speak to you in confidence to learn more about your experience as we would find your ... More

Resource Specialist AKA Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

After a simple resume upload to their site, contacted by a coordinator for screening, then HR partner. Next the hiring manager/immediate supervisor interview, and lastly some future colleagues for "culture fit/team blend" though they work remotely. All these conversations were by phone even though the job was local and the hiring manager was on-site local, and they were all spread 1-2 weeks apart making this a 2 month ordeal.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a hiring manager that is unresponsive, hard to deal with, and not giving you feedback in candidates?   1 Answer

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was quite impressed with the interview process. The process began on a Tuesday with a Recruiter. On Wednesday, I met with Recruiting Business Partner and by Friday I met with the Hiring Manager. The following week, I spoke with 2 members of my potential team. The offer came exactly 2 weeks from my initial contact with the recruiter. The background process with Sterling Backcheck took 2 weeks. The company does a credit check, drug screening, employment verification, and criminal background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I really did not need to negotiate since they asked my salary requirements prior to offer.

Head of Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very, very long but everyone I meet with was smart, attentive and asked great questions. More a professional dialog than an interview. Met with a wide-range of people and the client as well. Over the phone, in person, and via Skype due to the global team. The recruiter kept me apprised every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Making the transition to the RPO sector how will I manage the transition and what did I see as the biggest hurdle to that transition.   Answer Question

Foundations Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Over 3 hours long for the entire day long interview process. Very well organized, and people were very nice and welcoming. You see a slideshow going over the position and company, then branch off into individual interviews with different department heads.

Interview Questions

• Which one of our mission statement values do you most identify with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions.

Interview

I went through 4 phone interviews over a 6 to 8 week period before offer and starting my new role. This was only because we were waiting on the final sign-off of a new client. Once signed, the on-boarding process began quickly.

Interview Questions

• What were some of my sourcing techniques used to find candidates.   1 Answer