Alexander Mann Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alexander Mann Solutions

2.9

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Royalton, OH

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (North Royalton, OH).

Interview

It was the worst candidate experience as I never got a call back whether got the job. This company gave me ten minute interview and didn’t give me the time of day to ask questions. On top of it, they arrived 6 minutes late to our 30 min interview. I would avoid AMS all together as it was not professional as they claim to give a good candidate experience.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in January 2020.

Interview

I was referred by a colleague to the Alexander Mann Solutions sourcing department who then reached out to me through LinkedIn. I proceeded through three separate phone interviews with two members of Alexander Mann Solutions for a recruitment position. None of the interviewers were located out of the office that the position where the position is based. Short story is that as a recruiter, I was appalled by the way this company, and in particular the second recruiter I spoke with conducted themselves. They didn’t even have the common courtesy to be on time for any of our three scheduled calls.

The first interview was very standard and more of a screening call to make sure I was right for the role and to give me information on the client I'd be working for. They were not able to give out the name or any information on the client or goals that the client would be looking to achieve. The big red flag here was that the person who contacted me didn’t seem to know very much about the position or client when asked questions about the position or even able to tell me the position they’d be considering me for. Currently being in recruiting, I was not alarmed by not knowing the client as some companies prefer to keep this private on an introductory call. The interview ended in agreement that they would contact me again when they had more details on the position.

The second interview as also very standard and with the same person as the first. We discussed my background in further depth and why I would be a fit for Alexander Mann Solutions. There was still very little information that was able to be given about the position, however I was told that based on my experiences they were looking at me for a senior recruiter position and we discussed my salary expectations and those of the position which were in line with one another. I was told that I would then be set up on yet another phone interview for this position where I would finally be able to get the name of the client and actual details of the position.

This interview is where things took a hard turn. Prior to the interview this new in-house recruiter did not address me by preferred name multiple times when setting up our call, and only gave one time slot to have this call. This recruiter was over 10 minutes late to that call and started in a hurried mood that made the call seem like an inconvenience. We started by asking what I knew about the client and if I had any questions about the position. I started to ask all the questions that had been building for the previous weeks. The recruiter became annoyed that I would ask direct questions and yet still was not able to give me information on the position or client. They then quickly moved to asking me about my salary expectations which I again explained and was quickly told that it was way out of line for the client and position. I then come to find out that I am now being interviewed for a lower level position and am told I can take a further interview with the client or leave it. I quickly declined to move forward because of the bait and switch and complete lack of information on duties and the client/team I’d be working for.

As a recruiter I was horrified by the way this second interviewer conducted themselves and would be mortified if myself or one of my colleagues ever treated a candidate we’ve reached out to in this manner.

Business Intelligence Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Chicago, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

Was originally contacted by the recruiter for a quick call that went well. I then had to speak with the hiring manager which also went well. About a week later they wanted me to talk to his manager which I regret wasting that half hour of my life on.

This bro-chad had already made up his mind before the interview that I would not be the right 'fit' but decided to waste both of our times just to prove a point . After this interview concluded, he sarcastically said I did well and I would hear from the recruiter soon.

A couple of days go by and I follow up and do not hear anything. A couple of weeks go by and I eventually get a personalized denial email saying that they enjoyed talking to me but I would not be moving forward. They said they did not want to leave me hanging as if ghosting me for 3 weeks didn't already imply I was not moving forward.

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview was very thorough and efficient. 1 phone screen with a recruiter who found my profile. followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and an in-person interview with a hiring team member.

Interview Questions

• Whats your experience in the industry?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

A current employee gave them my name and the company reached out to me. I had one phone screening and two phone interviews and two in person interviews. Everyone was helpful and professional. They are very big on their corporate culture and I was asked the same questions several times.

Interview Questions

• You seem overqualified for this role. Why are you interviewing?   1 Answer

Foundation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Phone interview, two 45 minute in person interviews, role playing experience, very unprofessional time consuming poor experience. They seemed unorganized and were slow to respond. They are very big on their "culture."

Interview Questions

• Which one of our values do you most relate too and why?   Answer Question

Alexander Mann Solutions Response

Apr 27, 2017 – Human Resources Business Partner

We appreciate you taking some time to post feedback about your experience. I would like to offer to speak to you to gain additional insight because hearing you had an unprofessional and time consuming experience leaves me feeling unsettled. You can reach out to me in confidence at Fiona.Adams@alexmann.com
    -Fiona Adams – Americas Talent Acquisition Manager

Foundations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Had call with someone, then invited in. Met with several people & had a tour of the office. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. They spent a lot of time with me and answered my questions.

Lead Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a message on LinkedIn, I responded back fast and the girl was very happy about it. Had a phone interview a few hours later. Got invited to a in-person interview. Went downtown and paid for parking to the interview, (unemployed so had to ask for money from family) could not get into the door so I waited for someone to let me in. When I got there there was no one to greet or help so I had to find someone. Waited some more then interviewed with the HR, that went very well, then interviewed with another lady, that went well as well. Had to jump and do a random event role playing with excel for 30 minutes, didn't receive much help. Then onto a role playing with a phone call with limited information. There were 5 people in the room while this was going on and they were taking notes, that's what made me choke a bit. Then an excel role play, which only took me 5 minutes. I thought everything went well but I never heard back from them. If they based my whole interview only a the phone role play then there is something wrong with that company.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. I was recruited on LinkedIn, so before I started interviewing, I researched the company, before I accepted the interview offer. I spoke to several people over the phone as they were based outside of New York and some were overseas.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about AMS?   1 Answer

Recruiting Interview

Interview

Met at a Career Fair last year and loved talking to the organization so went back today to check in. Women I talked to were catty, immature and were just reciting something they had been taught. They acted as if I was bothering them by coming up to share my interest in the organization. The team there today was much more junior than the team last year

Interview Questions

Alexander Mann Solutions Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Human Resources Business Partner

We want to thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience. I would like to offer to speak to you in confidence to learn more as your feedback is valuable. You can reach out to me directly at Fiona.Adams@alexmann.com

-Fiona Adams – Americas Talent Acquisition Manager