Alexander Mann Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alexander Mann Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Alexander Mann Solutions

2.9

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Kraków (Poland)) in May 2012.

Interview

the entire process was clarified at the beginning and it consisted of two language checks (usually it's just one for English but every other language is also checked if you declare good level of proficiency).
    Phone screen conducted to check for role preferences, motivation, knowledge of the company and awareness around scope of responsibilities etc. Then F2F interview with two leaders who may check for the same, give you more details on specific projects they represent and conduct some role play exercise (conversation with a candidate or hiring manager). Mine was quite OK although they seemed to be more gentle during the role play than most of real hiring managers.
    In my case feedback was in place as promised within 2 weeks but I often hear of no feedback for many weeks - usually when you were good but let's say for another role, or the one you were interviewed for gets put on hold / cancelled.

Interview Questions

• difference between RPO and agency (classic ;)); describe your previous responsibilities, expectations towards the role and overall career   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

The interview was conducted by two members of staff. It was very relaxed and conversational for the majority of it. Followed by 3 competency bases questions.
    This was for a position on their 6 week graduate training academy being run in Belfast.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you worked in a team, which was unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Met online where it was a full time process, the job description seems interesting and pay was good. The process was easy and short. Consists of CV screenings and called me if I was shortlisted to the Skype interview. The Skype interview was very relaxing and gave me an impression how nice the people working there are. The interviewer were very kindly and very good at asking questions.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

one stage competency based interview and previous to this it was a general screening call with the recruiter who contacted me on LinkedIn regarding the role. the process was simple although did seem difficult with the verifile onboarding team.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of sourcing techniques you have used?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no room to negotiate

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Bracknell, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Been in contact with AMS on and off for a year. Finally decided to go in for an interview.

I met with the manager of the Sourcing team. The interview only lasted 20 minutes - hiring clearly wasn't her priority. At the end, I was asked to fill out a background check so that the hiring process could be quick.

What followed that however, was a lot of false promises. Twice a week for three weeks I was told decision was coming soon, and that the outcome looked very promising. However, these update calls weren't initiated by AMS. They would say a decision would come by X day, that day would come and pass, but then just wouldn't contact me until I chased them. I was told a decision would be made by a certain day 5 times.

In the end, they said they decided to restructure internally and the two positions that were open, no longer were.

Wasted a lot of time, and what made it worse is that they kept saying that the outlook was really positive. Figure out internal restructures before you get candidates into interview.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Had a number of phone screens, and two onsite interviews
    There were a large number of discrepancies between what the client told me, and what the prep was. I ended up dealing with 6 different people (offer was made by someone I had never spoken too). It was a negative experience, but, the role was a good one.
    Biggest issue was that the role was supposedly perm and I didn't know it was a contract until the client told me it definitely wasn't.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ..?/What attracts you to this role?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your previous role (why did you leave)?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with difficult hiring managers?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 12 months (or at the end of this contract)?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdynia (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Gdynia (Poland)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line on company website. Get a call to fix date for phone interview. The call of interview was at time and it took 25 minutes. I found that there was a misunderstanding about level of position. During the interview after a question of salary, the offer was very low. I asked more about the position and interviewer confirmed that is junior level. There was no information about "junior" on the offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you experience at this position and if yes describe it.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

2 stage telephone interviews followed by two face to face interviews. After travelling by train for 2 hours each way twice which cost a lot of money to interview for the position only not to receive an outcome and after 3 emails chasing feedback to be ignored! TREAT CANDIDATES WITH MORE RESPECT!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions.

Interview

Asked for my availability for interview with hiring manager. I always try to be as
    flexible as possible so gave a board range of availability. Manager rang without any notice and began to conduct interview. This actually would not be so much of a problem for me had it not been for the fact that I work in an open plan office and had struggled to present myself well whilst walking about the building trying to find a suitable location where I could talk. Unfortunately AMS did not differentiate themselves from other recruiters in that I never heard anything further following the “interview”

The recruiter did not seem very professional and certainly did not seem to appreciate that recruitment is a two way process.

Interview Questions

• Question that wasn’t asked “is it convenient to talk.”   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alexander Mann Solutions (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

Typical interview asking about day to day activities at work, exposure to tools, preference in terms of the role, amenability in schedule and location and salary expectations. After which there was no feedback provided. No update on your status. As a recruiter applying in a company specializing in hiring talents, it is disappointing that they cannot provide good candidate experience which includes giving appropriate feedback regardless of the result.