Alexander Proudfoot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alexander Proudfoot Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot (Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Met with top three management execs in Palm Beach, Florida. No role playing
    involved. Very casual conversation leading to the interview with the chief executive
    officer who was interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to be from home travelling at
      long periods of time
      1 Answer

Difficulty in being away from home and children

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was actually pretty fun. The lead contact/recruiter was an enjoyable party to work with. He was very detailed on how the process would flow throughout the day. The interview was multiple layers of executives analyzing your responses, attitude, and behaviors. Numerous role playing exercises. The experience took the entire day. There were three different one on one interviews throughout the day. The first is getting to know you, which was made difficult due to the interviewer's superior ability to hide all emotion and body language. The second, which involved the first role play was interesting... The group process where you work with other candidates was enjoyable. It was nice to see other candidates with the same ability, aptitude, and desire to succeed. They did a phenomenal job weeding out candidates who did not fit in with their culture.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested and tell me how you can make a change.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot.

Interview

6 week long process that was very intense and involved many role plays and research assignments... somehow still let horrible workers through. Assessments did not reflect ultimate work styles and requirements. Three week onboarding would never come in handy ever again. Week long quarterly training sessions add no value and take away from valuable phone time.

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot.

Interview

I participated in an initial phone screening interview with this company but chose not to proceed with the in-person interview process. The initial interviewer, who was my contact throughout the recruitment process, was extremely polite, patient, and helpful. Unfortunately, the process itself left me with a bad impression.

I applied for the position online. I included all of my work experience and education in my application, so I was surprised when the recruiter sent me an email requesting my resume. There is some sort of internal disconnect that needs to be addressed so that candidates do not have to submit the same information multiple times. I also found it strange that the job description I responded to called for French language skills (a major plus for me), but when I asked the recruiter about this, he indicated that this was required for travel to Canada. I think it would have been helpful to specify Quebecois in the job description.

After the successful phone interview, the recruiter sent me an application form and a consent form to complete. The application form was overkill.

In the end, I did not move forward because the pay was exactly $10,000 lower than my salary at the time (which was also pretty low), and based on reviews that I had read, the company culture left something to be desired.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the interview questions difficult, but one of them was unexpected. I got a Google-type question: How many golf balls can fit in a 747? I remember being turned off by this question as it didn't seem relevant to the position for which I interviewed (a position in which I'd probably be constrained to some sort of consulting formula rather doing any independent problem solving), but I'd heard the question before from my engineer friends, so I had no trouble answering it.   Answer Question

Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

2-3 phone calls with HR and Manager. Informal discussion on Resume and checking to see if you would be a culture fit.
    1/2 day at HQ- 1x traditional interview; 3 x problem solving exercises (1 long case study- broken up into two sections & 1 separate on the spot problem solving question)

Interview Questions

• Are you opposed to 100% travel   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation

Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very involved. Once I applied, I received a phone call from the head of HR, and that interview lasted about half an hour. Next, I had an in-person interview with the VP of Sales, and that lasted about an hour. A few days later, they flew me down to Atlanta, GA, where I participated in a day-long Assessment Center, which involved the following:

- A case-study presentation (individual, 5 min long with all day to prepare)
    - An interview with a manager
    - A case-study interview (individual, 10 min total including prep time)
    - A case-study presentation (group, 5 min long with half an hour to prepare)

The group of interviewees worked on the case study for the bulk of the day, being called out of the room individually to be interviewed or work on the case-study interview. At the end of the day, we each did a 5-minute presentation, then we got into groups of 3, consolidated our findings, and gave a 5-minute group presentation.

A few days later, I received a call from HR saying I was "in the pipeline" - code for almost-hired - and then about a week after that I was brought on board and given a start date.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on dealing with being away from friends and family for 6 days out of the week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Over a few days, I haggled with HR over a few thousand. We reached a compromise between their offer and mine.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

This is a small consulting firm that is still trying to sell to it's clients that they know the best way for the clients to run the business AND for a fee they will share that secret with the clients.

YES there is TRAVEL it is exactly what they describe, if you're not OK with that, don't apply. The Travel does not stop.

Phone interview: Very professional, questions were as expected about leading through change. Situation Behavior Outcome interview. Very nice HR person.-Week 1

Face to Face Interview: with SR HR Rep, very nice, very professional, put's a great spin on a company that has a really poor reputation. "All that has changed and now we're back to being the best, or I would not be here" Week 2

Skills Assessment: Analyze a large amount of information and make a recommendation in a short amount of time. Not a ridiculous amount, probably a 40 page document plus P&L's on a fictitious company. A real world simulation. Skills Assmt includes analyze documents, two small presentations, a 1 on 1 interview with a person a level or two above you and a 10 minute exercise to see what you would do if this came across your desk.

What they're looking for is a person who is comfortable saying things like, "I've been doing this for 10 years and this is the way we recommend." If you do not agree with somewhat "slanting" the truth to sell your company this is not the company for you.

Interview Questions

I have worked very hard to establish myself as an honest hardworking individual and would not sacrifice my reputation for the benefit of a company who prides itself of making every last dollar off it's clients rather then finding actual ways to save them money or use revenue enhancers to enhance their bottom line.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot (Atlanta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, assessment center, and face to face interview. They were expedient about the whole process. They don't make it drag out like I have seen and heard about like many other companies.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do a Presentation. They will give you the info, you just need to present it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Decent starting salary.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Two formal interviews with the senior leadership of the firm, before being introduced to other member of the senior leadership team so that we could jointly assess cultural fit.
    Note there appears to be a persistent detractor posting on Glassdoor about Proudfoot, so over the interview process I was particularly keen to gauge the culture of the firm. All of the conversations that I had were positive, and focused on the significant changes that had been made in the leadership team over the past couple of years.

As a consequence, the interviews were as much about me asking questions of my interviewers, as the other way round.

I would encourage you to do the same.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your management style   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the organisational culture you are most comfortable with   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Proudfoot (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. it consists of two phone interview, one with the recruiter and another one with a senior manager about your motivations and experience.
    The second stage of the interview process consists of an assessment day where you will be confronted to a case study with other candidates, which you will have to present after 3 hours of preparation in front of three members of the company.
    During that test you will be summoned to do 2 small interviews/mini case study about your experience and aptitudes to react in certain situations.
    After you will have presented your final presentation about the case study you will have to do one very standard translation from english to another language (French/German) and finally you will have to do a Excel test.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

The most important thing you need to know is that these people are truly and simply charlatans. You need to avoid this company at any cost.
    After having completed the assessment day I was contacted the next day by them, where they made me an offer to join their company.
    Thus I took it for granted which might have been the worst mistake I have ever done...
    They told me they contact me back in a few weeks time to discuss further about the contract and when I should join the company, which I did.
    After a while and no signs from them, I started wondering why I still had no news from them and contacted them, and was told that finally they didn't sign their initial contract with their clients, thus I would have to wait a bit more.
    I contacted them many times after and didn't get any answers at all. 3 months have now passed and these ******** have gone silent ever since.
    They made me waist so much precious time I could have spent looking for another opportunity which at the time I had but I neglected because of their fake offer.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY AT ALL, they are a bunch of liars and charlatans who treat people like they are a piece of garbage.

They just proceed to interviews in the eventual case of futur clients cases which basically never happen due to their lack of professionalism and they really bad reputation of the market.