Alexandria City Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.7

School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was great. I had a one on one with the principal she was great and seemed to really love working with the students. She gave a great overview of what to expect at the school and what she expected from my role of school counselor

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with issues with students, teachers, and parents?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools.

Interview

Met with the principal and she asked questions pertaining to my philosophy of teaching, management style, and quick scenarios. I was also to describe my ideal classroom. After the interview, the principal called me the same day and offered me the job. I was then contacted by Central Office with a formal offer.

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with three librarians and two assistant principals. Overall, a usual interview. They asked about things on my resume, my reading habits, and how I would handle certain situations unique to the library.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a telephone call and was interviewed by 2 people. The interview consisted of around 6 questions relating to lesson planning, work ethic, past experiences, and future goals. I then asked a few questions. The phone call was very efficient and felt very relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I sent my resume into a big, black hole and was very surprised to receive a request to interview. There was a team of about five people, including one rather confused-looking student.

Interview Questions

• The panel read my resume carefully and asked a specific question about an unusual bit of my professional history.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools.

Interview

I interviewed with the Chief of Student Services and 3 other panel members for the Specialist position. It's my understanding that most if not all interviews with ACPS ar panel interviews. No surprise questions here, all pretty straightforward

Interview Questions

• 'Tell me a bit about your career,' 'why did you leave your last job,' etc.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools.

Interview

Phone interview, individual interview then panel interview. I had to meet with the Department Chair as well as 2 academic principals during the interview process. It was a very formal interview and the process took about a week as I was hired late nearing the date that teachers had to be back at school.

Interview Questions

• Describe your teaching style or approach in the classroom.   Answer Question

Secretary/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

All candidates were interviewed on the same day. It's literally a revolving door of back to back interviews at the central office. The interviews overlap so you see the candidates you are competing with. Very tacky process. Panel interviews. You get blank steers while you are answering questions. It's a poker-face panel.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone call. Brief in person interview. The lady asking questions seemed barely present. She asked a few questions about my background and skills, but was in no way thorough. I got a call the next week with an invitation to orientation.

Elementary Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alexandria City Public Schools (Alexandria, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I met my principal at a job fair and we hit it off, right off the bat. I then had an additional interview with the APs at the school to visit the area and see the school. I brought my portfolio to both, and the questions they asked were pretty run-of-the-mill teaching interview questions.

Negotiation

There is a non-negotiable salary scale based upon the number of years youve been teaching and your education level.No relocation (but you can write off moving expenses on your taxes)