Alfa Graduate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alfa Graduate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Alfa

3.4

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview consists of 3 rounds once CV stage is passed:
Phone call: 15 minutes on your motivations to join the company and your broad understanding of Alfa.
1:1 on-site: 1h on motivations to join the company and career ambition. Then the interviewers will test you on your understanding of the asset finance industry and project development cycle at Alfa.
1:1 on-site: 1h interview similar in nature to the first on-site. A more free flowing discussion about Alfa's strategy as a business. Some motivational and personal experience questions.

My tip: Explore their website in depth.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would look into when dealing with a new client for an implementation project?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Alfa

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Ask to do a telephone Interview (to assess communication skills and key competencies and CV walkthrough along with some technical questions regarding the asset finance industry and how CHP's products help their clients improve their business) - 1:1 interview - Final interview

Interview Questions

• CV and competency based questions, motivation for joining CHP and what do you know about the company, knowledge of asset finance and how it differs from other types of finance, knowledge of CHP's products and why clients choose them in the way it impacts their business   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

15 minute telephone interview with the HR manager. Questions about educational background and what you think you would be doing at CHP as a graduate consultant. You should know about their product and asset finance in general as some of the questions could have the potential to trip you up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think companies pay millions of dollars per year for our product?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Interview

1) passed through a 10m phone interview, basic questions on experience and interest
    2) one on one interview with 2 managers: lasted for more than an hour and was 90% questions about the company and what they do (try to understand in depth what they do

Interview Questions

• What are the 2 kinds of asset CHP deals with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The first part was a 10 minute phone interview where you have a chance to talk about your academic background and asked a bit about what the company does. the second stage was an in house interview which lasts almost an hour and you go through more or less the same things as in phone interview but in more depth.

Interview Questions

• What does the company does?   1 Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa in November 2014.

Interview

online application (just CV and cover letter)- telephone interview- f2f interview-final round interview

I applied online in September and had to chase them a little bit until they finally replied positively.

We arranged a telephone interview, which was carried by th HR manager.
    This was a 15 minutes telephone interview covering mainly CV and motivational questions as well as your knowledge of the company and the role. She also asked me to explain quickly what is asset finance.

After being successful in this stage as well, I was invited for a f2f interview in the London office.
    The interviewers was a senior Manager and the same lady once more. It lasted around 1 hour.
    Tthey initially asked motivational and CV based questions. They wanted to know my experience and how my background fits to the role.
    Then comes the had part. They ask you questions about the company and the asset finance industry. The thing is that you are expected to have a deeo knowledge of these areas.
    They asked me to explain what I think that the company does once the product is sold.
    The company offers the ALFA systems and once the deal has been made the consultants and the developers start working to build and implement the solutions and they wanted me to go in detail (try to read through the right first time series from the webpage..it helps)
    Another question was "Let's suppose that there is a company operates in a way that the ALFA systems do not fit in their business. What do we do in such case" (bear in mind that CHP Consulting does not change its process)
    Another tough question I remember was an asset fnance related one.
    "Why would a company go to an asset fnance firm instead of a bank" followed by
     "How can asset finance firms offer lower interest rates than bank loans"

The interviewers were very friendly and make you feel comfortable through te whole process.
    I did not make to the final round interview. They provided feedback, stating that I did very well in the first part of the f2f interview and they were willing me to to great but my knowledge of the asset finance industry could have been better.

Interview Questions

• How can asset finance firms offer lower interest rates than bank loans   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Firstly, CV and Cover Letter application

Quick 10 minute telephone interview. Sound confident and be able to talk about your degree.

1-hour face-to-face interview with HR and consultant. First 30mins is a standard competency/CV based interview. Then they will test your knowledge of Asset Finance (e.g. how could an automated system set up a payment plan for a consumer car, taking into account risk, credit rating, etc.). Finally their project lifecycle (i.e. planning, cost analysis, programming, customer support and training). Opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Next interview is with a partner. Same format as first interview, but more pressure.

Very quick response, and helpful HR. Lots of feedback after every stage.

Interview Questions

• If we start a new project with a new client, what would be the first things we would look at?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alfa in July 2010.

Interview

I only made it to the telephone interview stage. It was straightforward. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for us, etc. I was nervous so I fumbled. Just sound confident.