Alfa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alfa

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alfa (Birmingham, MI) in February 2019.

Interview

Two interviews, one with a lower level consultant and one with two directors. basic get to know you questions, and much more in depth on questions about the software product cycle, the business, and the industry

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Hour long interview that was zero pressure. It was a lot of introduction for me to the company and to me for the company. They went through the process of what they build does and ask you a few questions about what you think about it.

Interview Questions

• What are some things Companies would not want to track manually during a loan?   1 Answer

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (Gardena, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Most communication took place through a recruitment agent. Everybody was very nice and answered questions quickly. The process begins with a phone screening where you coordinate logistics of the interview and get more information about the company. After the phone screening you're invited to an on-site interview. If the 1st on site interview goes well, you're invited to a 2nd.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CHP and leasing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

A 20 minute telephone interview. Ran through a few of my motivations and then mainly focused on the company. Required detailed knowledge of the company as well as what asset finance is. Unfortunately, they didn't call on the right day as HR messed up the dates somehow.

Interview Questions

• What is asset finance?
      Why use asset finance?
      Do you know the companies that we deal with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

After they review your CV and cover letter you are invited to a telephone interview which was a relaxed conversation about the role. I was asked what I knew about asset finance, Alfa and why I wanted to work for them as well as a couple of questions about my degree and CV specifically.

If you are successful at this round you are invited into their office for another interview with an HR representative and a senior consultant lasting around an hour. The questions are similar in that I was asked to talk about the company, their product and the industry. Be as detailed as possible in your revision as you are required to have precise knowledge of these subjects as well as their implementation project life cycle on a step by step basis.

They interviewers were friendly and conversational but I was not invited back for the final stage interview with the reason being that I could have been more detailed in my answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the life cycle of a typical implementation project?   Answer Question
    • What is something an asset finance firm might want to not manually track?   Answer Question
    • Explain how the ALFA system improves the efficiency of a company?   Answer Question
    • What sort of challenges might we face when migrating data?   Answer Question
    • Who in a client's company might Alfa talk to when beginning an implementation project?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa.

Interview

The most bizarre interview style I have ever taken part in. Very little about you and all about them. The questions are very specific to the business management which is crazy when interview for a tech role. That style of interviewing inevitably glosses over some top talent.
    My advice for anyone interviewing is to get in contact with a current employee and talk in depth about the implementation of their system.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa.

Interview

Initially a short fifteen minute phone interview with member of graduate recruitment team, followed by an in-person interview with HR and finally an interview with members of the operational board.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.
      What do you know about asset finance?
      What do you know about our clients?
      What do you expect you'll be doing in your first year here at Alfa?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa in November 2014.

Interview

online application (just CV and cover letter)- telephone interview- f2f interview-final round interview

I applied online in September and had to chase them a little bit until they finally replied positively.

We arranged a telephone interview, which was carried by th HR manager.
    This was a 15 minutes telephone interview covering mainly CV and motivational questions as well as your knowledge of the company and the role. She also asked me to explain quickly what is asset finance.

After being successful in this stage as well, I was invited for a f2f interview in the London office.
    The interviewers was a senior Manager and the same lady once more. It lasted around 1 hour.
    Tthey initially asked motivational and CV based questions. They wanted to know my experience and how my background fits to the role.
    Then comes the had part. They ask you questions about the company and the asset finance industry. The thing is that you are expected to have a deeo knowledge of these areas.
    They asked me to explain what I think that the company does once the product is sold.
    The company offers the ALFA systems and once the deal has been made the consultants and the developers start working to build and implement the solutions and they wanted me to go in detail (try to read through the right first time series from the webpage..it helps)
    Another question was "Let's suppose that there is a company operates in a way that the ALFA systems do not fit in their business. What do we do in such case" (bear in mind that CHP Consulting does not change its process)
    Another tough question I remember was an asset fnance related one.
    "Why would a company go to an asset fnance firm instead of a bank" followed by
     "How can asset finance firms offer lower interest rates than bank loans"

The interviewers were very friendly and make you feel comfortable through te whole process.
    I did not make to the final round interview. They provided feedback, stating that I did very well in the first part of the f2f interview and they were willing me to to great but my knowledge of the asset finance industry could have been better.

Interview Questions

• How can asset finance firms offer lower interest rates than bank loans   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The first part was a 10 minute phone interview where you have a chance to talk about your academic background and asked a bit about what the company does. the second stage was an in house interview which lasts almost an hour and you go through more or less the same things as in phone interview but in more depth.

Interview Questions

• What does the company does?   1 Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alfa in July 2010.

Interview

I only made it to the telephone interview stage. It was straightforward. Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for us, etc. I was nervous so I fumbled. Just sound confident.