Alfa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alfa

3.2

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone Interview - 10 min chat about your cv and your knowledge about the company. All to check you can talk clearly and explain yourself well.
    First interview with HR manager and a senior manager - Questions about the company and their project lifecycle, some questions about your cv.
    Second Interview two directors - Questions about what the company does, why they do it, how they do it. Thorough questions about cv and background.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the ALFA system improves the efficiency of a company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Online application (CV and Cover letter) then called for a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. Mainly competency and asking what I know about the company, role, etc..

Interview Questions

• What do you know about asset finance?
      What do you know about Alfa?
      Why are you interested in a career with Alfa?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

A lot of the interview is mainly seeing if you a decent communicator. I.e. you can do some small talk and be personable. Cultural fit is fairly important. Try to build rapport.

Interview Questions

• There was a bit of a drill down into the CV and time spent at some positions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Consists of several steps:
    First a phone interview, code test and a very simple technical code interview.
    On the second stage 3 interviews on the company site first HR kind of background check and questions about chp. Then technical interview java core/ problem solving skills and third a pretty casual talk to the directors to see how you are able to handle conversations.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

The recruitment started with a recruiter contact. After my CV was screened, a technical challenge was sent to me for completion within the next 2 days to complete using pure JDK 6.
    Next I had a technical interview by phone with pure Java questions and also about my implementation. After this I was invited for a face to face technical interview and HR interview.
    The last stage was an interview with 2 directors.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa in November 2018.

Interview

Applied online with CV and cover letter, proceeding to the phone interview stage. There were quite in-depth questions about the company and asset finance which threw me off for what I was expecting of a 10-15 minute phone interview, so I would advise to be well prepared by thoroughly researching the company and asset finance. I didn't make it through to the next stage which was fine however I didn't appreciate that it took me emailing them after 2 weeks of silence to receive a rejection even though I was told I should have a response within a week.

Graduate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfa in September 2017.

Interview

First I had submitted a online application form and within a couple of days I had heard back from them.
    Then scheduled a telephone interview with them, was a very short interview around 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to alfa and what do you think our company does?   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa in July 2014.

Interview

First step involved coding an algorithm involving string manipulation. The exercise was expected to take around 2 hours which is fair. The second step involved a short 20 minute technical interview asking a few database and Java based questions such as Collections. All very simple. After that I was invited for a face to face interview from HR. They went briefly through my CV and asked about ALPHA systems and asset finance. Nothing out of the ordinary (as I had done my research) and you have to pass this interview before progressing to the next stage which is a technical interview. At this stage, 2 employees went through the technical test I completed in the first round and asked me how it could have been improved. They also asked me an example of a recent Java project I had done. Finally, they asked a question about a problem CHP have recently faced about versioning their database tables and how to make sure it stays inline with other code changes.

I passed the technical round and the final round involved an interview with a couple of directors. Up to this point, I was very happy with everything. The interviewers were welcoming and friendly. I was very interested in the company and thought it would be a good fit for me. However, after the final round interview, things took a change for the worse. In short, the questions I was asked were in many cases, inappropriate for the role I applied for. The questions were so off tangent, I thought there must have been some mistake because they asked questions more appropriate for a financial analyst rather than a software developer.

I was left with the impression, that CHP would be a good company to work for maybe 1 or 2 years, but after that, if I had any desire to climb up the career ladder, things would be very difficult. One of things I like to see in a company is consistency. That is, the people who interview in the first round should have a similar approach and culture to work as the interviewers in the final round. This was not the case with CHP. My interviewers with the directors had 10+ years of experience more than anyone else who interviewed me and the difference was very clear to see.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about increasing profits of a company.   1 Answer

Graduate Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Apply online, phone, face-to-face with HR and then final interview with operational board. Very friendly and usually quite informal - 1st f2f is mostly about yourself and why this industry/company. Second interview is more in-depth and contains questions you aren't supposed to know the answers to - it is your reasoning towards an answer that counts.

Consultant, Experienced Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was well managed, professional and pleasant. I was advised to study asset finance before the interview and so I did read a few articles and familiarised myself with the subject to a "common knowledge" degree. Few hours of intensive "what is asset finance" preparation was enough. During the interview, I used the newly gained knowledge to describe the main concepts of what constitutes asset finance and how it is different from other methods of financing and answered various questions designed to verify that I actually spent enough time studying. The main point of those questions was to make sure, that I am capable of properly preparing for an interview.