Alfa Software Consultant Interview Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alfa

1 Interview Review

4.0

Software Consultant Interview Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alfa in July 2014.

Interview

First step involved coding an algorithm involving string manipulation. The exercise was expected to take around 2 hours which is fair. The second step involved a short 20 minute technical interview asking a few database and Java based questions such as Collections. All very simple. After that I was invited for a face to face interview from HR. They went briefly through my CV and asked about ALPHA systems and asset finance. Nothing out of the ordinary (as I had done my research) and you have to pass this interview before progressing to the next stage which is a technical interview. At this stage, 2 employees went through the technical test I completed in the first round and asked me how it could have been improved. They also asked me an example of a recent Java project I had done. Finally, they asked a question about a problem CHP have recently faced about versioning their database tables and how to make sure it stays inline with other code changes.

I passed the technical round and the final round involved an interview with a couple of directors. Up to this point, I was very happy with everything. The interviewers were welcoming and friendly. I was very interested in the company and thought it would be a good fit for me. However, after the final round interview, things took a change for the worse. In short, the questions I was asked were in many cases, inappropriate for the role I applied for. The questions were so off tangent, I thought there must have been some mistake because they asked questions more appropriate for a financial analyst rather than a software developer.

I was left with the impression, that CHP would be a good company to work for maybe 1 or 2 years, but after that, if I had any desire to climb up the career ladder, things would be very difficult. One of things I like to see in a company is consistency. That is, the people who interview in the first round should have a similar approach and culture to work as the interviewers in the final round. This was not the case with CHP. My interviewers with the directors had 10+ years of experience more than anyone else who interviewed me and the difference was very clear to see.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about increasing profits of a company.   1 Answer