Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.4

Deskside Support Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online via employee referral. Contacted by HR within 2-3 weeks and scheduled for onsite interview. The directions as to what door to use were incorrect (secured employee badge reader entrance) so I wandered around in the freezing cold until I finally entered the main entrance and a very nice woman escorted me to the original lobby. When the interviewing Manager came to meet me, he addressed me by a different name. By some mistake, he expected another candidate - and a different time! He seemed stressed, but said he could fit in an interview since I made the effort to arrive. Fortunately, I had a copy of my resume which he could glance over on the way to a conference room, but it was clear he was unprepared. He drew most questions from page one (late 1990's experience) rather than most recent years which closely aligned with the job requirements.

The interview went okay, but not outstanding. It's hard to feel totally relaxed when your interviewer is being called and texted.

I was pleasantly surprised to be emailed the next day by the HR recruiter who said the man really enjoyed meeting & interviewing me and would I return to meet the same man along with IT Director for a 2nd interview.
    I returned, but sensed it was a bad time - a lead surgeon had broke his cell phone and everyone was scrambling to resolve.

When the director could could us, he more or less asked the same questions as his Manager had previously asked me. I felt tension between them or perhaps just a lot of stress which I felt at the first interview.
    After the Director excused himself, the manager asked if I had additional questions.
    I felt strongly that an offer was imminent so I inquired about salary range. (My current salary was $62K). He squirmed for a bit while he searched the job postings on his phone.
    He sheepishly said "twenty-one". Then quickly added, "...of course, we'd consider your experience and likely come up a little bit!"
    I nearly fell off my seat. I struggled to contain my shock.
    "An hour?!?"
    "No, a year."
    I told him where I was at and that I assumed the position of supervising eleven IT technicians would start at least in the low/mid 50's.
    He seemed to expect my surprise at such an incredibly low salary, and said they're "non-profit" and salaries are lower than standard.
    But I kindly reminded him that I was currently at a non-profit.

We shook hands on good terms, and I told him I was flexible on salary, and was willing to negotiate.
    I sent thank you cards and emails.

I never heard another peep from anybody for weeks. That was just before December holidays.
    Finally, after almost two months, I emailed the original IT manager for an update. No reply, but within hours the HR woman emailed me (with my email to the man attached in the string) to advise they'd made a decision and the position was closed.

I highly admire and respect this hospital- but as an employer they seemed very disorganized and dysfunctional. At least my experience left me feeling that way.

How many 2nd interviews are left without so much an email or letter advising of a decision?!?

Interview Questions

• Describe your plan of action for your first week.   1 Answer

RN- Day Medicine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Was contacted by HR to set up an interview and was emailed benefit information. Interview went well. Met with 3 managers. Said they would have a decision within 3 weeks, hopefully. Sent 2 follow up emails, never heard anything back from anyone. Found out later that position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Strengths? Weaknesses? Asked about employment history. Why leaving current position. What am I most concerned about with this position?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

Interview

I applied online, had a short call from the hiring manager, and was then asked to come in for a day-long interview. The day-long interview consisted of interviews with the hiring manager, 2-3 directors, and 3-4 direct reports. For the last part of the day, I was given a set time to complete a skills test and personality test.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked about my current job situation: $, potential start date, commute
      Directors asked behavioral interview questions: Tell me about a time that you had X problem, and how you resolved it.
      Answer Question

Health Equity Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in April 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview, then was asked to prepare a powerpoint of a relevant publication. Questions covered the presentation, CV, and basic epidemiology concepts. In addition there was a situation question with no right/wrong answer relating to the research & some basic HR questions.

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.

Interview

Interview process was relaxed, comfortable, informative.
    People were friendly, inquisitive, and open.
    I was able to have all of my questions answered.
    I interviewed with both department heads and two peers.
    I was given a tour of the facility. Everyone I met was kind and enthusiastic.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, DE) in April 2012.

Interview

I had 4 different interviews and it took 3 months to actually start working. I met with the same manager 4 times and the other 3 times with different staff amongst the different units. We met in the same office and then continued by walking around the different units so I could see where/what the job is.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an employee conflict   1 Answer

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in May 2012.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter and asked to describe my qualifications. She informed me that the manager would call me the next day. I received call from manager and was asked a few questions related to my qualifications and how I saw myself fitting in the company. I was then asked to come in for an interview the next day. The group interview (manager and two others) went very well. However, I was contacted by recruiter a few days later to let me know that they were still going to consider other applicants.

Doctor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in January 2011.

Interview

interview by HR

Interview Questions

• why do you want this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

very fair