Alfresco Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alfresco Software Interview Questions

Interviews at Alfresco Software

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alfresco Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter,
    Phone discussion with hiring manager
    Mammoth 3 hour presentation plus Q&A with several teams across the business.

Received feedback following which seemed to have been made up... 'Not Technical enough' when no technical questions were asked during the process, asked the recruiter for real feedback which he stated he would get and never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions

• 1. Candidate Presentation on a complex topic, something he’s passionate about, either work or personal

2. PM/Business Panel Q&A (60 mins)

Covering:

- Industry trends

- Commercial and competitive awareness

- Business case development

- Negotiation skills

- Conflict management to understand empathy with customers/stakeholders

- Thinking under pressure

- Decision making and metrics

- Self-awareness/EQ > critical feedback, gone wrong, delivering a message you don’t agree with

- Team fit

3. Delivery and Technical Nouse

- Role of PM with PO (split and combined)

- Agile delivery,

- Requirements definitions

- Effective communication

- Team fit   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alfresco Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)).

Interview

3 interviews, one telephone with HR, one Skype with Tech and one face to face with Senior Management.

Its been 3 months since the last interview and still not heard either way.
    Ive emailed and had one call informing me that they would make a decision soon etc. but nothing back.
    Further emails asking for an update have been ignored.

Very disappointing experience , this was a job I was very interested in and I felt that the interviews had gone very well.

It not too much to expect some professional courtesy and a reply/feedback on an application....

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult or unhappy customers?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alfresco Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by an on-site coding test and panel interview. The process was very considerate towards candidates. At each stage I was kept fully informed about when they would next be in contact, and what the next stage would entail.

Interview Questions

• A mix of technical, background and some behavioural questions. No unreasonably difficult or trick questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alfresco Software in June 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by the in-house recruiter who gave a quick overview of the role, company as well as the interview process . After that, I had a Skype interview followed by a couple of face to face meetings and a quick presentation(Territory Plan).

I can honestly say that this has been the most non stressful interview process that I have ever been a part of. I was made comfortable and welcomed at every meeting and most importantly was constantly kept informed about the status in terms of feedback and next steps by the recruiter (which does not happen most of the times).

The Alfresco team were very candid in terms of the pros and cons of joining the company/role which again was a refreshing change. I was made aware of the challenges I would face, and what to expect in terms of good and bad - which gave me clarity on whether I would be suited for the role.

Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Alfresco Software Response

Oct 13, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA/APAC

Thank you for taking the time to review the interview process with Alfresco. Its always good to receive positive feedback!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alfresco Software (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Sloppy, one sided, time wasting.
    was contacted by headhunter, spoke with internal recruitment, when interviewed by hiring manager realized there is no alignment between them.
    don't really give you a chance to speak your mind, they like preparation but dont give you an opportunity to prepare.

Oct 13, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA/APAC

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all feedback and take your points on board as we continually look to improve the process.

Senior Community Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alfresco Software (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was not searching for a job when I was contacted by Alfresco. The interview process started with an initial chat with their recruiter, who works for Alfresco - not an outside company - about the company and job responsibilities. The conversation was pleasant - more "get to know you" than interview.

I then spoke with the person who would have been my boss, who asked about my work experience, explained the situation of the company, etc. Again, more "get to know you" than specific "how would you handle this" type questions.

From there, I met with 2 other employees - one who used to do the job and the other that I would work with. This was the 1st in person, as the other two had been on Skype. The interviewers were VERY honest and upfront, to the point of making me nervous to pursue the job (recent management changes, 30% employee turnover). This interview had more of a "how would you handle these situations" and I was asked things that required preparation - knowledge of the company and current community. It was very conversational though, and didn't feel like I was being drilled.

I then met with my possible boss' boss. This interview was brief, but did calm any fears I had about pursing a career with Alfresco. She asked more detailed questions about my experience. My last interview was with the person who would have been my boss again. This time, I was asked things like, what would you do the first 90 days in this job, what would you consider to be a success in a year's time, etc.

Overall, I actually enjoyed the interview process, despite not being offered the job. All the employees I spoke were intelligent and committed to the company - and excited about the role they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• What do you see the 1st 90 days of the job encompassing?
      What would you consider a success in a year's time?

Other questions were very specific to the role - what do you think of the current community platform, etc.   Answer Question

May 13, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA/APAC

Thank you for your review of our interview process and the time you committed to the process.

I am pleased it was a positive experience and as an employer at a critical stage of our growth its very important to us that we are open and honest in the interview process. We have some great challenges and exciting times ahead and it would be great to stay in touch with an eye on the future. Do feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or see any other roles with Alfresco that you think you would be interested in.

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alfresco Software.

Interview

I had initial conversations with the internal recruitment consultant and this was followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, face-to-face interviews with the hiring manager and engineering VP and then with the system architect.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions about my development experience which were hard to answer as I am no longer in a hands-on role.   Answer Question

Jan 15, 2015 – Internal Technology Recruiter

Thank you for your review. Its always appreciated to receive reviews and we are conscious we want to offer a good interview experience for candidates whether successful or not. I am pleased that you found it a positive experience and that you accepted the offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Alfresco Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

I submitted my CV, as I saw they were recruiting generally, to see if they had any that fitted my skillset. I ended up having a phone interview with a technical manager. Following that, I had a technical, face-to-face interview followed by a final face-to-face interview with some other devs and the Engineering VP.

Interview Questions

Alfresco Software Response

Oct 13, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA/APAC

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the interview process. All feedback is very much appreciated and I am pleased you had a positive experience.

Contract PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alfresco Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview professionally and speedily arranged.
    Relaxed skype interview with senior manager, adequately covering all aspects of role.
    Very good liaison with in-house recruiter. Fast feedback process.
    Manager took time on first day to ensure that technology was set up correctly and that I had appropriate access. Great offices and environment.

Interview Questions

• Interview was a relaxed but thorough conversation around previous experience in specific project areas.   Answer Question

Jan 8, 2015 – Internal Technology Recruiter

We are really pleased you had a positive interview experience. Thank you for your review and appreciate your feedback on the process.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alfresco Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Approached very professionally for the role. An initial telephone interview followed by a 2 stage face to face interview process on separate days. Met some very nice people in a relaxed office environment. Interviews ran to time and all interviewers took the time to meet me and came across well.

After the interview I received prompt direct feedback and was given a clear expectation of how to move forward.

A positive experience and impression of a rapidly growing company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation process was simple and easy. Clear and fair expectation was given by myself early in the process and Alfresco Software understood this and delivered.