Alion Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

Spoke directly with group manager. He described the company as a whole and his groups responibilities in detail. I described what I would be doing if selected. We discussed how flexible I was on start dates. He asked question about my experience that qualified me for the job.

Interview Questions

Alion Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr Sourcer

Thank you for your review and considering Alion as a possible future employer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

Excellent coordination between HR and hiring managers. Outstanding links by Talent manager with me as a candidate. Courteous and empathetic - she "has been in my shoes." She understands military candidates as well.

Interview Questions

• What 1 word best describes you?   1 Answer

Alion Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Sr Sourcer

Thank you for your feedback. Although you interview did not result in an offer, we greatly appreciate your review. Please continue to browse our website for positions of interest, and apply.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very confusing. I was very surprised that I did not get at least get a courtesy call that my candidacy would not be going forward. I considered this very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would do or how would you feel about answering a policy or programmatic question.   1 Answer

Project Manager/Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Very professional. Recruiter set up interview and hiring manger was very helpful. Questions were more focused on previous management experience and how I would handle the current customer. Position included responsibilities to manage proposals and grow new business. Alion was not very forthcoming with their financial issues and credit ratings. Longevity of the position was also not well defined.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience managing previous customers? Proposal experience and growing new customers.   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was poached from another company, so they were very enthusiastic about getting me on board in a timely manner. They called me at work, but were very accommodating in scheduling the multiple phone interviews that I needed to complete to discuss the logistics my transition to them.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

Great interview, but they lowballed me, and offered a "fresh out of college" wage, for a high level position- the interviewer was nice enough, and the job looked challenging, but I clearly articulated my salary range beforehand, and they wasted my time anyway. Alion is a great company, with a great benefits package, but their offer bordered on insulting- times are hard and there's a recession, but that's no reason to take advantage of qualified people

Salary offered was half of current salary

Technical Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

I was mostly asking the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recommendation for interviewee: Don't forget to bring your formal documents to the interview. And it's OK to negotiate for a higher salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I spoke with managers concerning the client's expectations and the complexity of the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex activity in your current position?   Answer Question

Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call a week later from an HR rep. She asked if I was still interested in the position, which I was, and set up an interview with one of the Engineer Leads on the contract. I met with the Team Lead a few days later at the location where I would be working. The interview was very informal, he asked for a copy of my resume, I presume he was looking at it for the first time. He asked about my course curriculum in school and we just talked about the position. I wasn't quizzed on anything or didn't have to answer any of the standard HR type questions. After the interview I recieved a call back a day or two later asking if I would be interested in another entry level engineer position. I said sure, the team lead of this contract called and told me about the contract and day to day work load and asked if I was interested. A couple days later HR called with an offer for 2nd position and I took it.

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was fresh out of college and had no relevant experience to leverage any negotiations.

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alion (Washington, DC) in May 2009.

Interview

I update my resume on their website regularly I received a call from a recruiter about the new contract they won. I was asked to fill out a lot of paperwork before the interview. I met with the program manager a few days after the recruiter contacted me. I felt ready for the interview and was excited about the opportunity posted online. The position mentioned on their website and on other websites such as monster had different job titles with the same criteria.

I brought an updated version of my resume on nice resume paper, this was very different than the resume they had in their hand. The recruiter didn't give them the appropriate updated resume which is usually the case in most recruiter scheduled interviews.

The program manger reviewed my resume, asked me a little bit about what I currently do in my job. They asked me what a day in my job would look like, only after I asked the same question of this position. I later find out that the description posted all over the web may be something I take on but it may be very different since they don't have a task order yet. I was asked a few situational questions, when I wasn't sure the context of the events I asked a few more questions and then led with my response. The questions were asked to make me think on my feet as the position requires.

I asked if they felt that I was qualified for the position and if there's any recommendations to jump start my knowledge about the program. They gave me some pointers which will help me in my interview. It was the faster interview I've been on, only 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would coordinate 3 & 4 star schedules during Fleet Week?   Answer Question