AlixPartners Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

AlixPartners Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Mar 10, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview Process is quite extensive.

There is pretty much 5 steps :
    1- Phone Interview with HRs : expectation are stated (travel M-F, and not M-T), salary is discussed upfront to avoid wasting all this effort for both side
    2- 2 or 3 Phone Interviews with consultants in your field. Professional discussions but not too formal either. very friendly and sharp people.
    3- "Red Carpet" event : They invite you to one of their office for half day : 3 interviews back to back + a case study (role play). The level of the people met was really really good. The consultants in this company know what they are doing. The role play is difficult : You have a lot of data to reviews in a short amount of time and you have to present your summary/recommendations to 2 customers (played by 2 AlixPartners consultants). Of course, they challenge you quite a lot. I really thought I failed but apparently I did not. I guess what is important is to stay professional and not lose you focus.
    4- Personality + IQ kind of test. Not so difficult.
    5- Last discussion with a HR/Senior consultant (I believe this step is only there if you make it and you are about to receive an offer).

The whole process was long and pretty challenging. However, whoever I met (HRs or Consultants) were all very sharp (not always responsive though so be patient). They know what they are doing and if they feel like you are a good fit, they will make it happen.

There is no reason to stress out. If you are not the right candidate, you want to find out as much as they do. Once you are in, the pace is really fast and the project challenging. You DO want to through a good screening process.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe how would you present datas on a single slides for a Product cost reduction project ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke with someone in HR as a first round interview. The interview process is very long and can take up to 6-8 weeks. It involves doing a case study and a Skype call at the end.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY).

Interview

I first went through a phone interview, then interviewed in person and spoke with 4 team members. After passing that first round, I went in for a personality test and quantitative test that were done remotely on a computer, and then had a further personality test with an in-house psychologist. After passing that round, I went in for a second round of in-person interviews with more senior management-level members, after which I got my offer. The process was pretty long, with approximately 1 week between each step.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Case Question: Is it more profitable for a cab driver to either 1) pick up passengers randomly around Manhattan or 2) only concentrate on picking up passengers to/from airports   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, it included personality assessments, IQ Based Assessment, and phone interview. Overall it was a very thorough process and it was clear they care about hiring the best talent.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

6 phone interview, including both IQ and EQ test. Interviewers are very friendly and help you know company's culture and working environment better. The process might be longer than other companies.

Md Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

20+ Interviews, 8 hours of psychometric testing, developing business cases (free consulting), little feedback and no follow up. The interviews were back to back, intensive, across multiple stakeholders consensus driven but unstructured, requiring a considerable investment of time and effort. The lack of follow up and feedback seems disrespectful and ultimately gives you a clear picture of the organisation, values, and potential challenges in working there.

Interview Questions

• Would you write a business case outlining the opportunity in the Industry, AP solutions, and financials.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant/Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I was referred to Alix through some colleagues who were familiar with the firm. They are creating a new consulting division and they were looking for new talent. I was contacted by someone in HR in Dallas with the message "somehow your CV landed on my desk".

Interview Questions

• Alix has a decentralized interview process. HR isn't competent to handle senior hires. Extended process with little communication. Long testing and poor expectations around next steps or preparation for the upcoming interviews. I was asked to spend almost two days in testing and interviews. When I mentioned that I needed to return to work for some client meetings, they appeared offended. I found the process unpleasant and the HR team was often rude in their communications with me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Contacted by headhunter on LinkedIn. One fit screen with a recruiting Director. Two fit, experience, behavior interviews with VPs and Directors. Personality, fit and IQ assessments. One last conversation with 2 MDs (offer made during the conversation)

Interview Questions

• Being a relatively senior firm overall, past experience and what you bring to the table appears to be key   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some wiggle room. Mostly based on your experience and past compensation. Bonus structure quite unique and attractive.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I found the position through a LinkedIn posting. I was living in another city when I applied and it took a few weeks to coordinate for a 1:1 interview. After meeting the approval of the entire team, I was given an offer. The consultants go through a more difficult interview process as they are all highly experienced and have extensive backgrounds to cover.

Interview Questions

• If you were in the position, put together your ideal plan and bring it to the 1:1 interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated early in the interview process and was able to secure a comfortable number. I cannot speak for the consulting professionals who recieve other forms of compensation.