AlixPartners Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

AlixPartners Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Washington, DC).

Interview

Initially started the process through a job fair at my university. I began with a basic resume/job interest phone interview with HR followed by a behavioral phone interview with an Associate in the office the next week. I then travelled on site for two tests, another phone behavioral interview, and brief interviews with VPs and MDs in the office. The hiring decision occurred within the next two weeks. Throughout the process, everyone I spoke to was critical of my qualifications but also very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Need to show familiarity with queries and database work.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AlixPartners (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several stages: (1) Personality assessment via an online tool, (2) 1-hour phone interview screening with standard questions including, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "How would you describe your work/management style?", etc, (3) In-person interviews with MD and two Directors, (4) A full-day in the office for assessment testing on accounting skills, IQ, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe cases that you have previously worked on, what you did to reach a conclusion, and where that case stands now.   Answer Question
    • Describe specific experience you have in forensic accounting, valuation, litigation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was straightforward as is the case with most accounting firms. Understand what the market is paying elsewhere and what you made previously, and go from there. The bonus structure is unique so be sure to get a full understanding of the potential bonus levels you can achieve.