Allegheny General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Allegheny General Hospital

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Allegheny General Hospital

Food Services Interview

Interview

It took about thirty minutes in total and they asked me basic questions about my previous experience and how I usually handle challenging situations and how I interact with people both coworkers and patients

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allegheny General Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

After applying online at AGH I was contacted to conduct a face to face interview with the unit director. She was professional and very nice. We talked for about an hour about the job description and the unit. She went through a series of questions about nursing and nursing related situations. After that we toured the unit, met some staff and some physicians. In the end it took them about a week to get back to me and they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most unsafe nursing situation and how did you respond   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allegheny General Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter, who asked me which one particular patient experience inspired me to be a nurse. She then scheduled my in-person interviews with the directors of nursing units.

The director of the orthopedics nursing unit had me first ask him questions. Then he asked me why he should hire me. He asked me zero questions about my employment, although I was mid-career. From the beginning of the interview, his facial expressions and tone of voice conveyed hostility.

The director of another nursing unit, which later was reorganized on another floor, allowed me to ask questions. She acknowledged my work experience and skills. She invited me to shadow her nurses so I could evaluate the work environment and so her nurses could evaluate my personality and technical skills. She offered a job to me.

Patient Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny General Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

she left out ALOT of the job details and made it seem ok but once I started it was a neverything *20 of what your job duties intelled. so its a huge blow on your 1st day

Patient Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegheny General Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process of the interview involved questions took about five to ten mins, and they also show you what type of work you will be doing if you are hired. It is helpful because it gives you a feel to what you will be doing.

MCS Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allegheny General Hospital in April 2016.

Interview

Met with the Director and then another Coordinator. They were lovely. Very inofrmative. Answered most of my questions before I had to ask them. The hospital is impressive. Still need to meet with another coordinator and surgeons.