Allegheny Technologies (ATI) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allegheny Technologies (ATI) Interview Questions

Interviews at Allegheny Technologies (ATI)

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Albany, OR) in January 2020.

Interview

About an hour of panel interview with HR and mechanical engineering group. Standard personality questions and hypotheticals. For ME position there was a short paper test/exam at the end similar to EIT questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you saw an operator acting in an unsafe manner in the facility?   Answer Question

Ultrasonic Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interviewer had me fill out a questionnaire. He asked if I was ok working every other Saturday. He asked if I was skilled in math. He asked about the class that I took to prepare myself in this field and why I was interested in the position. He said there is a year until getting certified.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI).

Interview

three phone interviews and one on-site interview (2 days).

I was interviewed by several engineers and had two meals, one with the team and the second only with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• It was not very clear what they expected from that role. The hiring manager was very vague and general and kept asking questions about the interviews with other team members as it was a test.
      I know that three of their new hires left that year, so the questions were mostly behavioral.
      The hiring manager didn't bother to reply to my email and say you are not chosen and decided to completely ignore.   1 Answer

Production Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Louisville, OH) in October 2019.

Interview

The first stage is Phone screening then if you pass that they have you come in for assessment testing of things like basic math common sense and some technical knowledge. The last stage is a face to face interview with the plant manager and some department heads along with an HR on speaker phone.

Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Irvine, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

One department manager and one general manager conducted the interview with me. They were quite friendly and easy-going and genuine in the questions. They also gave me a tour on the company site, which was very nice.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Cudahy, WI) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a very nice conversation with the HR business partner for Cudahy operations. He was a former intern here and talked a lot about what he did here and what he liked about being here. Intern interviews (at least for working with HR) are more conversational than a typical interview. I felt comfortable the entire time and even left feeling confident that I got the role. Less than a week later, I got a call back from him and they offered me the position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Phone interview first with very basic questions, basically informing me of the job duties and daily work life. Next was brought down for second and final panel interview with 2 managers, 1 HR associate, and Director of finance. Mostly situational questions relating to what I stated on my resume. Also, "how would you react in situation A,B,C.." Smooth overall and comfortable feel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in your past work experience where you improved a process and how did you do so? Tell me a time where you had a difficult project to lead, and how did you handle the task?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Monroe, NC) in November 2018.

Interview

Arrived earlier than my schedule interview. Did a plant tour and talked with the supervisor while walking through. He was very informative about the job and very knowledgeable. The tour took approximately 45 minutes. He also introduced me to some fellow employees during this process.

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

Standard interview process. Starts with a phone interview with recruiter. Progresses to hiring manager and other managers, and team members. Interveiw process was a bit lengthy. It took awhile to get the offer finalized.

Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

20 min of presentation based on your thesis. 4 one-to one interviews. Each last for around 30 min. A lunch in the middle with the group. In the afternoon, there is plant tour which include a lot of walking. Bring comfortable shoes with you.