Allegheny Technologies (ATI) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 49 of over 49 interviews

Interviews at Allegheny Technologies (ATI)

Positive73%
Campus Recruiting8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Albany, OR) in Sep 2021

Interview

I had quite the negative experience in the interview process. I sent a follow up email the next day removing myself from the applicant pool. I have an impressive resume and have worked in a number of industrial environments. My resume was subversively criticized throughout my interview and none of the other individuals stepped in to adjust the one individuals behavior. I left the interview with the distinct impression that my credibility was in question, despite my clear experience. In short the company has a lot of development with their leadership they need to do in terms of diversity, equity, and inclusion. I'm a female mechanical engineer and would strongly recommend that women not apply to work in the engineering department. A number of the engineering leadership were present in my interview. The conduct displayed during my interview, at a minimum, demonstrated how ill prepared they were and their willingness to allow a prospective employee to be subjected to improper behavior. Perhaps they saw no issue with the inappropriate questioning? Multiple questions were posed that were over the line. One such example questions was whether I had any "REAL" experience working in industrial environments. If the person had read my resume they would have known clearly that I did and I worked, as an engineer, at those facilities. I posed the question whether one of the most relevant positions was not present on my resume, they affirmed that it was. They were just wondering whether I had only a desk job and that I didn't get my hands dirty. Direct responses such as this one were met with further criticism and subtle hostility when I highlighted that my answers were prominently available to the interviewee on my resume. Based on the lack of intervention and the one individuals attitude I don't believe the environment or culture at their organization will be improving anytime soon. The level of dysfunction I observed is a long term problem to correct. It's worth noting that I directly asked whether they were understaffed, they are. It sounds as if they are chronically understaffed. They volunteered that some employees strictly work their 40 h and leave. One marker that the environment has high turn over and that employees are no longer engaged or burned out due to a lack of sufficient staffing.

Interview Questions
  • Why would I want to work at ATI? Is it because my commute would be shorter? What's to say that I won't just leave the company? Have you had positions where you get your hands dirty or have you just had office jobs? Why would you have needed security clearance (a DOE job working in nuclear facilities, it's rather obvious)? Have you had any REAL experience working in manufacturing environments? Do you have any real experience working with heavy machinery? (A question posed right after the previous one) I could go on for quite some time. Terrible interview.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Millersburg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Millersburg, OR) in Sep 2021

Interview

Initial panel interview with representatives from different areas at the plant, then a second panel interview with lead engineers and operations manager. After second panel interview was given a tour of the plant site and provided lunch.

Interview Questions
  • What's an example of a time you had to tell someone they were being unsafe? How did they react?

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Albany, OR) in Jan 2020

Interview

About an hour of panel interview with HR and mechanical engineering group. Standard personality questions and hypotheticals. For ME position there was a short paper test/exam at the end similar to EIT questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond if you saw an operator acting in an unsafe manner in the facility?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

The interviewer had me fill out a questionnaire. He asked if I was ok working every other Saturday. He asked if I was skilled in math. He asked about the class that I took to prepare myself in this field and why I was interested in the position. He said there is a year until getting certified.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Allegheny Technologies (ATI)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI)

Interview

three phone interviews and one on-site interview (2 days). I was interviewed by several engineers and had two meals, one with the team and the second only with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • It was not very clear what they expected from that role. The hiring manager was very vague and general and kept asking questions about the interviews with other team members as it was a test. I know that three of their new hires left that year, so the questions were mostly behavioral. The hiring manager didn't bother to reply to my email and say you are not chosen and decided to completely ignore.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Louisville, OH) in Oct 2019

Interview

The first stage is Phone screening then if you pass that they have you come in for assessment testing of things like basic math common sense and some technical knowledge. The last stage is a face to face interview with the plant manager and some department heads along with an HR on speaker phone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Irvine, CA) in Jun 2019

Interview

One department manager and one general manager conducted the interview with me. They were quite friendly and easy-going and genuine in the questions. They also gave me a tour on the company site, which was very nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Cudahy, WI) in Apr 2019

Interview

Had a very nice conversation with the HR business partner for Cudahy operations. He was a former intern here and talked a lot about what he did here and what he liked about being here. Intern interviews (at least for working with HR) are more conversational than a typical interview. I felt comfortable the entire time and even left feeling confident that I got the role. Less than a week later, I got a call back from him and they offered me the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

Phone interview first with very basic questions, basically informing me of the job duties and daily work life. Next was brought down for second and final panel interview with 2 managers, 1 HR associate, and Director of finance. Mostly situational questions relating to what I stated on my resume. Also, "how would you react in situation A,B,C.." Smooth overall and comfortable feel.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time in your past work experience where you improved a process and how did you do so? Tell me a time where you had a difficult project to lead, and how did you handle the task?

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (ATI) (Monroe, NC) in Nov 2018

Interview

Arrived earlier than my schedule interview. Did a plant tour and talked with the supervisor while walking through. He was very informative about the job and very knowledgeable. The tour took approximately 45 minutes. He also introduced me to some fellow employees during this process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Interviews