Allegheny Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

CNC Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (East Hartford, CT).

Interview

I received an e-mail inquiring about my resume and interest in the position. We scheduled a phone interview a few days later. Initial interview was fairly general, typical of HR interview. I was asked to participate in an on-site interview, scheduled a week later. Interviewed with HR, team lead, engineering manager, and a brief discussion with the GM. Include a thorough tour of the facility and general questions pertaining to the position and my knowledge base.

QA Inspector Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies.

Interview

Started as a one on one and moved to a panel of managers. The questions were fairly simple and they asked mainly questions to ensure I was fully informed of all processes within the plant.

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (Salem, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed and easygoing. Was a 3 person panel with tour afterward. The guys who interviewed me were very personable, friendly and funny. Made it easy to relax and answer naturally.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to use calipers   1 Answer

IT Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and easy. It was a telephonic interview with the final follow up from the HR. Then there was a drug test done before the final offer.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vandergrift, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (Vandergrift, PA).

Interview

I had an interview with the Plant Manager and an HR employee. The overall process was fairly relaxed. Time from initial call to start date took around a month to complete. The Plant Manager conducted the interview while the HR employee took notes and was available to answer any questions that may have arose during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of quality assurance?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (Albany, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

The online process was a joke. Why do employers even ask for a resume when you have to fill-out everything on their application systems. Its takes forever to complete and then it took them over 3 weeks to return a call for a phone interview. The phone interview was brief. Two other previous coworkers were hired there and have already left the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions with knowledge based engineering and blue print reading.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (Albany, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

The call came quickly after my application. The interview consisted of 10 people gathered around a table asking scripted questions. It was very stiff and formal.

I never heard another word from them. That is okay with me, because shortly after my interview, someone doing that same type of work got seriously hurt.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ATI?   1 Answer

Materials Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (Monroe, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Great company. Had two phone interviews and then they flew me out to Charlotte. The morning started off with a tour of the facilities, then had lunch with one of the mangers who was very accommodating and easy to get along with. After lunch, the main interview consisted of a five-person panel where they go over your resume and asked behavioral questions (No technical questions). The main goal of the interview is to know how your thought process works. Overall, everyone was very nice/respectful and can tell that they try to help everyone advance their careers.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of new technology that you have faced, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Operations Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monaca, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies (Monaca, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic and shallow due to the lack of managements knowledge of their operations and the lack of understanding of the basic processes and functionality of both their people and equipment

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working 10 hour days?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Technologies in April 2015.

Interview

Resume based questions were asked by manager and associate engineer. Then questions about course work and related project work. Also prepare for Java script and SQL queries. Questions about object oriented programming and design