Allegiant Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allegiant Travel Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Easy interview process. Group interviews were conducted first, then if you made the cut you got to sit down for a one on one interview. During the group interviews we had to recite the paragraph given to us over email, then we did a group activity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where your safety was at risk during work   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Flight Attendant position online with Allegiant Air on June 21, 2017. I received an email on June 30, 2017 asking me to complete an online assessment. I submitted it that day. On July 2, 2017, I received another email inviting me to conduct a pre-recorded video interview. I completed this on July 5, 2017. I was not given a date by which it was due. This was my first ever video interview, which was both awesome and terrifying. I didn't know quite what to expect, but once I got into it, it was actually kind of fun. They encourage you to relax and be yourself. They also walk you through the process and give you a practice question with ten attempts and unlimited time (though it says 5 minutes.) This helps you get a feel for speaking and looking into the camera and you are able to replay or rerecord your answers. Once you feel comfortable enough to move forward or run out of attempts, it's on to the actual interview, which they say is only supposed to take 10-20 minutes, but can last longer, depending on the individual. Once you begin, you must finish. It consisted of four questions (three of which I found on Glassdoor, the fourth I had not prepared for) all asked by Allegiant flight attendants and pre-recorded, of course. You have, I believe, three-four attempts to answer each, so you are able to rerecord yourself a few times, if necessary. Your answers are limited to 90 seconds with unlimited time in between attempts. That said, once I pushed play on the videos which contained each question, I only had 5 seconds before it started recording and I had to begin speaking. I stopped the recording each time because I wasn't entirely ready, which counted as an attempt. I did experience some glitching and technical difficulties, the screen would freeze, so I would have to click in and out of the app and on the link in the email, but I finally navigated my way through it. I don't feel as if I translated well on camera, or the same as I would have in person. It seems a bit unnatural. Though, I hope the recruiters see past that to my potential. However, I am proud, relieved and grateful for the experience, even if I don't move forward in the hiring process or get invited for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of the Allegiant family?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you made a mistake. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you made a significant change in your life. How did it affect you?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied, got a call within a week or two from a recruiter with a basic screening. I guess their teams don't speak much because within a week after that recruiter called me, another one did. They both asked a couple of vague questions, suggested I do a lot of research on the company, and then scheduled me for a Skype interview with the financial analyst manager and a financial analyst. This time the questions were a mix of technical and general. I also feel the need to mention they are not your usual interview questions - I guess they want to see how your mind works because one of the questions was, on a flight to Orlando yesterday how much revenue was received from drinks? They require you to think out loud and just make up the numbers as you go. They told me they expected an actual number in the end, which I did give them.

Also, the entire time both employees spoke to me in a really condescending manner and they pay a LOT less than pretty much any other company looking for a financial analyst. So I don't mind that they didn't offer me the position because I don't think I would want to work for a company who asks such strange questions and that interviews the way they do.

I am beyond positive that the company is missing out on some potentially amazing employees because all they seem to judge you off of is your resume and your answers to their strange questions of which you are given no information about. They tell you to learn everything about the company but ask you about everything except that. I spent a solid week learning everything I could about the company, the decisions it has made, its finances which are public, but instead was asked random questions including the one about drink revenue from an imaginary flight yesterday to Orlando from nobody knows where. I had to make that up as well as why I said there was only one flight to Orlando yesterday, and then explain why...

Don't waste your time here. A lot of other reviews including from people who have worked there agree they pay less than other companies. I rated the interview as very difficult because the interviewers set the condescending tone as soon as they asked me their first question and because of the strange question where I had to make up everything and explain why I chose what I made up.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue was made from drinks on a flight to Orlando yesterday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Punta Gorda, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Punta Gorda, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was very Nice the recruiting team made you feel at home. There is a process of illumination in the group interview those chosen for the face-to-face will not know until a week later whether they go to training or not . Do your due diligence before you apply or before you go to your interview they were specifically looking for people to be in the Punta Gorda area so hopefully I have an edge and hopefully of course they liked my answers to their questions .

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were in an emergency situation and how did you handle it ?   3 Answers

Application

Interview

I was very pleased to attend the flight attendant interview at Punta Gorda in August 2017. The interview team was very transparent about what the job includes and the requirements for it. No offer yet, but hope to have one soon!

PPC Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

Interview

Phone interview was quick but for a in person, it took quite a while. I was told the supervisor and the recruiting manager was on vacation. The team seem very friendly but the age gap was quite high from what I expected. For a young person, myself I would like to work with people with my own age group.

They ask lots of seo questions or google analytics questions which is relevant to the ppc position but honestly should be focused more on the seo side. No rocket science questions about ppc, very standard and basic level.

A simple courtesy would of been nice saying I didn't get an offer. We are all adults here. Just not responding after a month is disrespectful. I have lots of other offers with higher pay. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Asheville, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was so fast! I applied on June 30th. The next day I received an online assessment I had to complete. On July 2nd, I got an email about the video interview. I completed the video interview on July 4th. Speaking to a camera, and knowing you're being recorded is awkward but luckily they give you a few times to start your responses over if needed. On July 14th, I was invited to an in-person interview session! They had 4 different session dates available, all in different states. I chose the only session that was on a Saturday. It was also the base I applied for.

They don't pay for transportation to the interview, so I took a risk and it was one I was willing to take. I flew in from Houston on Friday night. The interview was at 8:30am the next morning. I arrived 30 minutes early and there was about 22 people in attendance. We started out with an information/Q&A session. The recruiters were super nice and made me want to work for the company more than I already did! After the Q&A, we took a 15 minute break and split into groups.

While in groups of 10, we did a quick group activity -- "What's In Your Bag?" We each had to choose one item we'd bring on our carry-on bag while on the job and explain why we chose the item. Afterwards, we each said where we would like to be based, and stated our memorized "Ladies and Gentlemen," segment. Once everyone was done with that, we picked up a paper from under our seat that had one of Allegiant's core values on it. Thanks to Glassdoor, I was 100% prepared for this part, and the rest of the interview! I had prepared responses for most of their values so I knew exactly what to say.

After this, we were told they would be making cuts. It was a nerve-wracking wait, but everyone in attendance was so supportive of one another making for a great atmosphere! Luckily, I made it through to the one on one part of the interview. We were called a few at a time. Each person was assigned one recruiter to talk to, so everyone wasn't talking to the same recruiter. Like I said, thanks to Glassdoor, I was prepared for every question I was asked! I couldn't believe how fast it went. She asked me about 5 or 6 questions and I knew exactly what I was going to say, there wasn't any surprise questions. Mainly generalized questions that could be applied to work or personal life. I was prepared, and I felt confident, I just hope my answers were sufficient enough!

The entire process was so fast and smooth. The face to face interview was an experience I will never forget. I also want to express how impressed I am with how transparent they are. They didn't try to sugar-coat anything about the job and the company. They were straight-up and honest, and I really appreciate how kind they all were! For my first "major" job interview, it was completely stress-free!

I don't have an offer yet. Fingers crossed! Good luck to anyone going to future interviews!

Interview Questions

• From our previous work experience, what can you bring to this job?   Answer Question
    • Why should we pick you?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you didn't get along with a co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to respond in an emergency situation. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever disagreed with your employer's policies? What did you do?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel.

Interview

I applied towards the end of June, immediately received the assessment. Completed the assessment immediately, sent it back and it was less than a day later when I had a video interview waiting for me.
    I took the video interview within 24 hours of its receipt and I sent it and waited to hear back for around 3 weeks.
    Then I got my invitation to attend the face to face interview at the end of June today so, it's been one of the best or processes but it still always feel so slow especially when you're checking your email 50 times a day waiting

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Allegiant?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel in July 2017.

Interview

Smooth interview process. The video interview is very simple. Be yourself, have fun, and smile! Got an email 3 days later asking me to join them for a f2f interview in Oakland,CA. Hoping all goes well!

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for allegiant?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Punta Gorda, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegiant Travel (Punta Gorda, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Simple process, online application, short assessment, video interview, Face to Face group interview. All steps were fairly easy and straight-forward. The Face to Face, however, is pretty horrible in this industry. Nearly all companies do it the same. They give you a nice presentation about the job including pay and benefits. Then you are broken into small groups where you play speaking type games so they can assess your personality. The issue is that they bring in actual Flight Attendants who have zero experience in hiring people. I spoke many three short sentences and was in the first group to be cut. I have a background in public speaking and was dressed quite professionally. If they don't "like" you (popularity contest) then you're out. If they conducted the interviews with people skilled in hiring it would be much more fair. Allegiant is a "different" airline, which they kept stressing. The main hiring person seemed to vary her answers to questions. That gave me a bad feeling.

Interview Questions

• How does one of our "core values" relate to your life?   1 Answer