Allegro Development Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.5

Executive Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

We talked a number of times over a number of months, i just didn't feel like they had a good handle on a vision. They had a decent current revenue stream and Different VP's and different C level's offered different visions and alignment.

The path to growth was blocked by their own lack of vision and inability to see past a few little hurdles to cross. Real Strategy wasn't apparent and even the short term hurdles were being poorly managed.

This is good insight as to how the politics will play out once fully invested in the hire..but also was apparent that their own current leadership (at least what i could see). was lacking at strategy on how to truly become a breakout company (billion in revenue is a good start that will never happen here). no breakout growth in IT eventually equals death for a software company. - and for me complete boredom until acquisition or client spiral comes.

There are lots of Software companies like this, they find a niche. work it.. get a couple of good clients..
    have a path to a small profit stream. then get trapped on what to scale and how to scale, how to penetrate other markets and verticals. Again investors will want a bigger exit. Mgmt inability to see that path will be their churn...

Advice: Change/Evolve/Innovate/ - else die.

Interview Questions

• Platform direction, Implementation direction, Scale, Cost, future revenue.. and of transformation   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

They flew me to their headquarters in Dallas and housed us in the Adolphus which is a very nice hotel. they took us out to dinner and drinks the night before the interview. By "us" I mean the other candidates who you will compete with. The interview lasted from 8 AM - 4 PM. The first few hours were spent getting familiar with their software. From there you will encounter roughly 5-6 interviews, each lasting about 30 minutes. They will feed you lunch in between the interviewing sessions. There is one programming section which is easy. they may or may not ask you to solve logic puzzles. Know your Java or C# syntax. they will give you a laptop to write your code, however they will restrict you from accessing documentation.

Interview was easy but I fumbled because it was my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Stack v. Heap. Create table command in SQL. Explain a sorting algorithm, its function, and walk through execution of the sort via a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Associate Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The first phone interview was pretty simple. They just ask you basically about your resume. The office interview really let you showcase your own skills. You can't BS your way through the interview because they make you do a mini project during the day, and in the end you present on what you did in the software to see your presentation skills. The other parts of the interview is where they ask you behavioral type question of "tell me a time where"...

Interview Questions

• What type of boss do you enjoy working under?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you worked on a project that had a stressful deadline.   Answer Question

Not Very Accurate Screening Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The HR person emailed me after I applied through Dice.com, and we exchanged a few emails back and forth to determine how accurate the screening process should be. He asked to find time to do a pre-screen via telephone. The HR person is the the person who pre-screens candidates, but he is non-technical (he has zero experience as a software developer)

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to pre-screen a software developer if the screener is non-technical?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screening by HR - HR asks a set of basic .NET questions that he has no idea about. Easy to get through. After the phone screen, there was an onsite which had 3 or 4 1:1 interviews. Most of them were just talking about previous projects. Overall not a very challenging interview experience. I had a lot of questions about the tools and methodologies they used, for which they dint have a proper answer.

Interview Questions

• Some basic database related questions. No coding questions were asked given that i applied for a software developer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was a low offer, no space for negotiation

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegro Development (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Very professional and with hands on test - Allegro challenge. First you receive brief description of a software, then they ask you to perform position related tasks on their software.

Interview Questions

• Would I like to work in a team environment or alone?   1 Answer