Allegro MicroSystems Product Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allegro MicroSystems Product Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Allegro MicroSystems

2.7

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allegro MicroSystems (Manchester, NH) in March 2016.

Interview

The major theme of the entire interview was that the company had a lot of old timers, a lot of newer folk , where everyone seemed to stay for years.... Interview was pretty standard, however very unprofessional and VERY awkward at times. No business cards/contact info were given out, some who conducted interview were rude and acted pompous. I met with the HR lady who was over 30mins late coming to get me. She rushed over everything, although she was very nice.

The first gentlemen was nice and gave me a tour, and made me feel I belonged there. He asked me generic questions to gauge how I thought. I felt I did really well. He smiled alot, and everything they where working on seemed really interesting and organized for the most part.

The next gentleman gave me technical problems to solve, he was very friendly, although seemed very uncomfortable. I tried to ease his tension by asking him questions about his schooling, the company, what he liked to do, etc...when he got more comfortable, he then proceeded to give me some circuits to figure out. I felt I did pretty good. And then time ran out.

The next guy I could barley understand because he was very soft spoken and had a strong accent. He also would not make eye contact or introduce himself. He also ignored my answer of " I had not coded using that language in years" to proceed and give me questions in that language. The hardest part was literally figuring out what the heck he was saying.

Then next guy was pacing outside the door....he was not nice or professional. He was very uncomfortable, and said some rude remarks about "a few others like me who were still working here...so obviously they had to be somewhat smart if they were still here after a few years...so maybe you will fit in...." and proceeded to attempt to draw a circuit topology that I couldn't even understand because he was so nervous/uncomfortable, he couldn't even draw transistor symbols....they looked like capacitors!! I literally gave him the correct answer multiple times, but he kept saying it was wrong. When he finally showed me the solution, it was one that I had initially gave him! Again, no eye contact and overall rude and pompous. I was uncomfortable myself after this interview.

Lunch was then given which wasn't bad, but a bit awkward at times, because there are only so many questions I can ask without looking bizarre just so I could break the thick ice!

After Lunch, I was told I would meet with two other people before the day was to end and waited in a different room with the lights off for 10 mins. It was dark and weird, after waiting, the guy came in , no real introduction and asked me how things where going. He was very nice and super friendly, and said questioning me was not going to do anything because everyone is nervous in interviews. He then proceeded to tell me that my high GPA was not everything, and his own personal experiences with his low GPA let him to work for the company for a couple of years. TBH, he didnt even look at my resume...only right there and then, in front of me was he looking at my resume. He then proceeded to tell me that the next guy, had to leave to take a phone call and I was done for the day.

Interview Questions

• Current Mirrors, hidden voltage dividers, C++/C# coding methods, Sensor design, power relays   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allegro MicroSystems

Development Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegro MicroSystems (Manchester, NH) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an engineering manager who laid out the responsibilities of the position and asked a few simple technical questions. Got invited to an in person interview. Interviewed with 3 different people, 2 engineers and 1 from HR. Was asked typical interview questions with the HR rep and mostly technical questions with both engineers.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allegro MicroSystems.

Interview

Fairly rigorous interview process. Multiple one on one interviews. Each last 30 minutes.