Allen Communication Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allen Communication Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by company's recruiter, set up phone interview with the VP, which went ok. I was then was contacted within the next week or so for an in person interview. Interview was done by dev lead and the VP was listening since we already spoke on the phone. The dev seemed slightly uncomfortable and asked standard questions. When it was my turn for my ? and A's only two maybe got answered before I was swept off to 3 different mini rooms to take a writing test; it's really a grammar test. With running out of time, for in-person, recruiter having technical difficulties setting me up for the multiple answer gramma, online test, I had to find the VP and she immediately escorted me out but did apologize I couldn't get my questions asked/answered in time. The next day I emailed the recruiter a thank you with my questions (and requested to be passed along to VP) I did not hear a peep back. Approximately 3-4 weeks later I received a rejection email.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

There was a grammar quiz and a brief interview. I do not remember much else, since the interview was a while ago. The interview was kind, but they didn't have the hours available that I was looking to work. The interviewer said that my working hours would vary from having a little bit one week to full-time the next.

Interview Questions

• Did I want to work full-time or part-time?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview the same week I applied. The interview process was not too difficult. As others have mentioned, it started with a 30 or so minute computerized grammar test.

After that I had about a 30 conversations with the HR person, making sure that I had the needed experience, etc. When I was done with she said that she would see if the VP was available to meet with me that day. I don't know if it was disorganization or if I needed to 'pass' her questions to see the VP, but it seemed strange. It was also a bit frustrating because I had been told to be prepared for 45 min to 1 hour, and we had already surpassed the hour. I had another interview scheduled later that day, so I was a bit worried about being late for that one. Nevertheless, the VP was available, so I met with her.

Her interview questions were a bit tougher, more in line with the specifics of the job and how my experience would relate to that industry, but still pretty typical questions.

I left feeling that it went ok, but not really feeling as though the VP was too impressed. I wasn't too upset as I wasn't sure how interested I was by that time, but I thanked them for their time, and was told that they would get back to me the next week.

The next week I heard nothing. I attempted to follow up several times, and still nothing. Obviously, I didn't get the job.. .I just though it was pretty lazy/tacky to not at least send an email saying so.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had an unhappy client and what you did to resolve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

First, I did the customary online application process. Even though I'd submitted my résumé and cover letter online, she asked me to bring one in with me. I found this odd and a bit unorganized. Perhaps communications between departments are lacking?

Originally, I had applied for a full-time position. Driving from Ogden, I'm not as likely to travel to Salt Lake for a part-time position unless the pay is exceptional. Upon hearing this, rather than cutting the interview short and saving time, she dived into questions I may have. I asked about health benefits which I was cut short on because they don't apply toward part-time workers.

Needless to say, I was a bit repelled at having taken time from my schedule to apply, prepare, reprint, drive, and sit in waiting to be told the job I was there for no longer existed.

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Silly writing test that took 30 minutes. Then HR person went to 'see if someone was available' for an interview. Grilled for another hour and then told while my credentials were impressive they weren't hiring. Hello? I answered your ad and you called me for an interview. Weird.

Interview Questions

• How would you build a training program for a client?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allen Communication.

Interview

The first and second interviews went well. The third interview, however, did not. The person who conducted my third interview just went on and on and ON about what to expect on the job. She literally asked me one question before she went off on her little rant.

Then she told me I wasn't qualified.

She was rude about it too. I won't be going back.

Director of Learning Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was well organized and I felt informed of the process along the way. There were several meetings and a presentation. There was open communication between the director and candidates and the director was open to questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a business problem and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allen Communication.

Interview

Front desk lady called and we eventually worked out a time for me to come. It starts out with basically a grammar test on a computer in a little room with a glass wall. I think I aced it but they say you never get to find out your results :)

So then I get put in a little conference room and an HR guy comes in. He starts out with, "so what questions do you have?" That really irked me. I don't know if that's some silly new tactic or if he was just lazy, but it was annoying. He asked what I already knew about Allen, and I can't really remember what else. He was reading and responding to texts during the interview and even took a phone call once. He kept talking about how busy he was. Overall that guy bugged.

Then I was sent to who would be my manager. The lady was leaning back and seemed like she hated doing this interview. Then suddenly she perked up and was really interested.

A few days later I came back for the last part. They sent me a scenario and I was role playing my position, with a panel of interviewers as my 'clients.' It went alright, and those people were nice and professional and knowledgeable. Afterward the lady asked me how I thought it went and offered me the job. I got this funny vibe from her, maybe because previously she was so standoffish, that her friendliness was forced.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me? (This was the first question I was asked.)   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Allen?   Answer Question

They told me that most people work 50-60 hours per week and that would basically be expected of me. Benefits weren't great either. Just alright.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Responded to the posting on LinkedIn. I was then contacted and asked to submit a resume and portfolio link. A day later I was contacted to set up an interview time.

I felt the interview went exceptionally well and was told to call back a week later and I would be told if I was moving forward and be given files to complete a "test." I was given every indication by the interviewer that I was a top candidate and would be moving forward.

I called a week later as directed and was sent to voicemail. After leaving a voicemail for the interviewer and one for the HR contact, I waited another day before emailing HR requesting some sort of information. A day later I have not received any word - by email or phone. At this point I am assuming that the position was offered to someone else and Allen Communication doesn't communicate to any candidate other than the one they select.

Too bad. I was really looking forward to showing them what I could do on their test.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff. The interviewer made it a point to review the company's creative process and workflow with me. It felt more like a conversation than an interview.   1 Answer

Director of Learning Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, flew out to salt lake city for an in person interview, sales presentation to execs and then post presentation interview. The presentation was probably the most difficult part, I was told to create a persuasive presentation on anything I wanted.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Movie?   1 Answer