Allen Communication Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by company's recruiter, set up phone interview with the VP, which went ok. I was then was contacted within the next week or so for an in person interview. Interview was done by dev lead and the VP was listening since we already spoke on the phone. The dev seemed slightly uncomfortable and asked standard questions. When it was my turn for my ? and A's only two maybe got answered before I was swept off to 3 different mini rooms to take a writing test; it's really a grammar test. With running out of time, for in-person, recruiter having technical difficulties setting me up for the multiple answer gramma, online test, I had to find the VP and she immediately escorted me out but did apologize I couldn't get my questions asked/answered in time. The next day I emailed the recruiter a thank you with my questions (and requested to be passed along to VP) I did not hear a peep back. Approximately 3-4 weeks later I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allen Communication

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allen Communication (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview the same week I applied. The interview process was not too difficult. As others have mentioned, it started with a 30 or so minute computerized grammar test.

After that I had about a 30 conversations with the HR person, making sure that I had the needed experience, etc. When I was done with she said that she would see if the VP was available to meet with me that day. I don't know if it was disorganization or if I needed to 'pass' her questions to see the VP, but it seemed strange. It was also a bit frustrating because I had been told to be prepared for 45 min to 1 hour, and we had already surpassed the hour. I had another interview scheduled later that day, so I was a bit worried about being late for that one. Nevertheless, the VP was available, so I met with her.

Her interview questions were a bit tougher, more in line with the specifics of the job and how my experience would relate to that industry, but still pretty typical questions.

I left feeling that it went ok, but not really feeling as though the VP was too impressed. I wasn't too upset as I wasn't sure how interested I was by that time, but I thanked them for their time, and was told that they would get back to me the next week.

The next week I heard nothing. I attempted to follow up several times, and still nothing. Obviously, I didn't get the job.. .I just though it was pretty lazy/tacky to not at least send an email saying so.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had an unhappy client and what you did to resolve.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allen Communication.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview for a week out. Upon agreeing on a time, I was sent a confirmation email with the date/time as well as the names and positions of the individuals with whom I would be interviewing. I was told that there were two parts to the interview: a 20-30 minute writing evaluation and a 30-40 minute personal interview.

Upon arriving, I was asked to wait in the lobby until an administrative assistant retrieved me. She led me to a small room with glass doors where there was a Smart TV screen mounted on one wall and three chairs in the room. I was asked to select the seat where I felt most comfortable. I was then told how to complete the written evaluation. This was the part of the interview I was most anxious for, but it turned out to be about 11 multiple choice questions relating to grammar correction in a passage, 5 multiple choice questions that were 'select the best sentence to describe the picture', and then a short essay question about describing a situation. There is a timer on the evaluation and you cannot exceed 30 minutes. Be prepared that there will be a lot of individuals buzzing around outside the room while you are trying to complete the evaluation. It feels as though you are a fish in a bowl being observed by passersby.

Once I completed the written evaluation, I was asked to wait for someone to lead me to the next phase of the interview. This is your standard interview where you are asked about your experience, etc. I was expecting questions regarding what I have done or would do in certain situations, but I was not asked any. Instead they questions were vague and left me feeling unsure of which direction to take them.

The standard interview portion lasted about 40 minutes. I was then told that they would be back to me in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were vague, but what you would expect. I wouldn't say that any one was more difficult than another. They really wanted to know if I had experience doing the job they were hiring for.   Answer Question