Allergan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allergan (Covington, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

3 separate interviews, 2 with hiring manager and 1 with regional manager, first interview was mainly to see if the hiring manager and I would get along, the second interview consisted of behavioral interview questions and a role play, final interview was going over experience and why I wanted the job

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a third party recruiter for a phone screen and then invited to an in-person interview with the hiring manager and her boss. All in all it was a quick process however they have poor follow-up when it comes to informing candidates of their selection. I had to ask twice for a status update and then was finally given a response after 4 weeks had gone by. This is a tell tale sign to me it wasn't the company for me. They also partake in deleting the job post in order to get a refresh on candidates and not be on the hook for having to provide a reason why a candidate was not selected.

Interview Questions

• All three interviewers followed the scripted behavioral questions and didn't really ask any questions outside of the box. This included the person doing the interview for HR. Sample question - tell me when you worked on a project that presented an issue and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allergan in February 2017.

Interview

The phone interview had a basic get to know you feel. Questions flowed with the conversation and it felt like I was able to ask more questions so I could get a feel for the company as well. Afterwards we set up another date to talk. I feel like I built a relationship with the person interviewing me! Overall the experience of this interview was a positive and informative one!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a bad product?
      How would you benefit this company?
      What experiences have you had that would show success within this company?
      Why are you leaving your current field?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allergan.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and my first interview was with 2 division managers. They asked me situational questions and what I knew about their industry. Had my sell them a drug on the spot which was pretty fun. They invited my in for a second interview with one of those two managers and he offered my the job after that. I declined the offer. Bother interviewers were very kind and professional.

Interview Questions

Before taking the time to interview with big pharma companies do a little research. This industry is so over priced and you think your helping people get the medicine they need but really you're pushing over priced brand name drugs that many Americans can't afford. Many drugs are manufactured by the same companies and sold in Canada for a fraction of the cost. Look up Martin Shkreli and what he did. There is also a problem with prescribing people drugs that they don't need. It was a personal preference of mine to decline the offer. I can't work and sell for an industry that I believe is untrustworthy and unfair. Everyone should have the right to affordable prescription drugs.

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (San Bernardino, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was standard. One over the phone, then you'll meet with DM, then Dm and their partner, then DM and the regional director. Best interview where they make you feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• Why Allergan, why are you a good fit, basic questions. Be prepared to sale headache medicine and plan your day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allergan (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through recruiter. Met with DM at local hotel. Standard HR questions, through resume review, dates, salary, why did you leave, etc. Prefaced entire interview with driving questions and ability to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What 3 adjectives define you? What is a growth opportunity?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allergan in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via job board. Received email requesting face to face interview. Had interview at hotel in town. Started directly with job qualification questions, valid drivers license, willing to take a drug test, are you a human being. Then quickly went to resume review starting from the last position to current, time with company, salary etc. Very generic.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and one weakness? How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website. About two weeks after, I was contacted by phone to set up an initial call screening. Then there were three additional interviews, due to geography two were via green jobs, and one face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• Primarily focused on my resume, but also did sales pitch/role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very minimal. There is a set amount based on region, so in my experience there was not much space.

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Teaneck, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Long but SO INFORMATIVE! Couldn't of been happier with the knowledge I gained about the company, the role and who I may work for! Hoping I get the job. I was able to ask questions, give a proper explanation of my background, and did not feel rushed. I would be happy to work hear after meeting with the 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allergan in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online was contacted by DM three weeks later. At this point he conducted a brief phone interview and gave an overview of position/process/training. 1st interview w/DM, 2nd w/2 DM's, 3rd w/RM. Offer was given an hour after leaving RM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations bc I don't have any experience. Thus the base salary was pretty much set.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Kansas City, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible, they definitely have a set agenda of what they are wanting to hear. Didn't show any personality and made it very awkward. They made clear that you was one of a lot trying to get a job with this company. Probably just a bad manager but it wasn't fun!