Allergan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.2

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Austin, TX).

Interview

Targeted selection panel interviews. Three to four people interviewing for multiple departments. Some were really nice, a couple tried to trip me up. Just breathe through it. If you don't like the interview then you won't like the job.

Senior Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Vacaville, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, 30 minutes. Received an invitation the same day to attend a 1:1 interview a few weeks later. Very relaxed. Manager was dressed very casual, easy to talk to and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why Allergen
      Ranking of priorities (probing, features/benefits, objection handling, closing and relationship building.
      I had 20 minutes to plan my day in the field, I was given a list of scheduled and unscheduled events.
      The manager did not look at my brag book.
      1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy going on the phone interview and then once in person you will be given a prompt with 15 minutes to prepare your sales approach. You are given 10 minutes to present and go over what you did well/bad. Following you will be asked for the second face to face then ride along.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation where you made a mistake?   Answer Question

Business Practice Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allergan in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first step. Third party consulting company who trains many of the past candidates of this role. She asks questions getting to know your background and accomplishments. From there a 2 person panel interview that went about 45 minutes. Questions about overcoming sales obstacles, why i'm interested in this role, how many experiences would be a fit. Standard interview questions. No curse balls.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of overcoming a client who didn't want to buy from you.   Answer Question

Compounder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allergan.

Interview

Total process took about a full month. I had three interviews (two phone and one on-site). The on-site interview was very easy and very laid back. The supervisors just wanted to get to know me as a person and didn't necessarily drill hard questions. The first and third interviews were with HR reps and were equally as pleasant, however the third interview was very difficult. Many situational and learning experience questions were used and the interview lasted a bit over 30 minutes. Overall the interview process was pretty thorough and gave me the opportunity to learn more about the people and the company before being given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite previous boss and why?   Answer Question
    • Who was your worst previous boss and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you proved your expertise in computer applications.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you came into work not feeling 100% and had an "oh sh*t" moment and mixed the wrong ingredient?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, but not the person from the resume.   Answer Question
    • Do you enjoy cooking?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and used that opportunity to grow as a person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a very generous salary and there was no need for any negotiation.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allergan in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with recruiter. The second was a Face to face with two interviewers. Both interviews lasted close to 1 hour. Questions were very specific to past numbers and rank. Proof for both was needed.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with hiring manager, asked about my most recent work experience, discussed benefits and training program. I was invited to a first and second round interview, there is 3 total. You will be interviewed by multiple people. Asked to sell a fake drug at the end of the first and second interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allergan (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

There were a number of calls with HR ie 2 and then there was a call with the hiring manager which went well. The next step would have been an on site interview but the job was cancelled before I could make the trip.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard " Why do you want this job" What are your strengths / weaknesses, Why do you want to join this company?Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan in September 2016.

Interview

Three total interviews, all very formal. Two managers for first two then meet with Regional Director for third. STAR question format. Be prepared with a lot of examples. Bring a 30 60 90 plan and a brag book showing accomplishments and sales rankings

Interview Questions

• As far as development, what are you working on now?

Handle an issue with a coworker?

Difficult customer how did you handle?

How did you grow product share with a customer?

Most challenging product, how did you sell? Market share change?

How did your product knowledge influence a key decision maker?

Best/worst manager? Why?

Time When you influenced a prescribers rxing significantly?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Said offer was not negotiable

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

A friend who works for Allergan referred me to the hiring manager. Had a brief phone interview with the DM and scheduled a face to face with her the next week. Basically just walked her through my resume and it lasted about an hour. Moved on again to meet with her and a co DM the following week. Was given a mock drug to do a sales simulation. Was then moved on to meet with her again for the 4th interview. Again practiced the sales simulation and she coached me for the final step which would have been with the Regional Director. She was only sending one candidate, so pretty much her choice was made. I really though the entire process went very well and was extremely disappointed not to make it to the final step with the RM. Very extensive interview process. Lots of STAR questions and digging questions in general. Be honest with all of your achievements and answers. Put together a nice brag book to showcase your accomplishments and sales numbers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've gone above and beyond and taken on a task/project outside of your general, job duties and functions.   Answer Question