Allergan Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allergan Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Rochester, NY).

Interview

3+ interviews, standard 2 plus 1 with AVP. All the regular questions, why you?, tough or challenging situation? best candidate? awards & recognition? etc... more questions like this

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you versus other potential candidates?>   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allergan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with hiring manager, asked about my most recent work experience, discussed benefits and training program. I was invited to a first and second round interview, there is 3 total. You will be interviewed by multiple people. Asked to sell a fake drug at the end of the first and second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allergan (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview- 45 minutes. After making the cut for in person- 2 hour in interview. Bring brag book, previous reviews, etc. Be prepared for a 10 minute detail of a fake migraine medication. 15 minutes to prepare then 10 minute role play where you have 3 objectives. The goal is to demonstrate that you can make yourself seen as a valuable asset to the provider and can CLOSE on a sale/trial. Be prepared for feedback and use that feedback if given an opportunity to repeat the exercise.

Interview Questions

• Previous sales rankings, describe situation where you succeeded and one when failed. 10 minute detail on fake product. Given 15 minutes to review product info and sales piece prior to detail.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allergan (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager. Asked a few basic questions more getting to know me rather than sales type questions. Had a face to face interview which lasted about an hour. Really good interview with both the hiring manager and a sales director. They seemed to generally care about the process and getting to know me with a few "tell me about a time when..." questions thrown in from time to time. Overall good experience, but as with any sales role they want numbers and solid experience dealing with clients. Any experience in healthcare seems to be a huge plus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allergan (Downey, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager and face to face interview, next steps are interview with counterpart, then Director of Sales then a ride-a-long. The duration is a 2-3 week process but it goes by fast and they were in my experience very nice.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a situation where you had to comprise your values to move a sale forward.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allergan in September 2013.

Interview

Manager conducting interview was a "ball buster"! Challenging, cold, and beyond "to the point". No questions beyond career history. She seemed to have made a decision before the interview had even begun!

Interview Questions

• Questioning on each career move "Why did you move". Not in a warm, friendly manner.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan.

Interview

3 interviews. I described STAR experiences and how those translate to benefit Allergan. Experience matters greatly, If you apply, be sure you have some.

Interview Questions

• "How would I hire my own sales force." I was not interviewing for a management position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online, spoke to their HR department. Went in for an interview with a panel.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on a formulated procedure called STAR. Which I was unaware of until I had finished the interview. My answers didn't fulfill the "star" model. If I would have known that was what they were looking for, I would have answered them better.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allergan in July 2011.

Interview

I thought it was pretty standard. Phone interview was not scheduled-the recruiter called me and then just went right into the questions so I was not prepared. I got invited to the one on one. It was a typical 'what can you do for us type of interview. The interviewer was impressed with my product knowledge but unimpressed that my resume wasn't a carbon copy of the typical sales resume. I felt like I was just an extra warm body there (wasting my time) to help the recruiter hit the interviewee quota for the hiring manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allergan in March 2010.

Interview

very non professional event