Alliance Data Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

2.4

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Identity and Access Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, but no one called. I went to this networking event and met someone who worked at Alliance Data. That person gave HR my resume and other information. Oh, now they called! Had a phone interview with HR for about 20 minutes. The interview was straight business with no personal touch, scripted questions, and my recruiter was not listening to me. They don't listen well at all.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, in person panel, met with Director for a meet and greet. Very fast process. Hired 8 days from first interview. Orientation in two weeks. Human resources very informative and helpful. Answered all questions and met my salary needs up front. Great experience

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviews placed great emphasis on determining cultural fit. No technical questions. Questions were general, trying to assess work-behavior characteristics and personality. I was asked to describe past experiences, my long-term objectives, etc.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Very nice people! Made me feel at ease. Showed me around and told me about the company. I had a phone interview first she was also very pleasant. Had a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Roll playing with customer that call in angry and you solve their problem. The over all experience of the interview was a positive one.   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds---an on-campus, in-person screening, a Skype interview with someone within the department (a manager), and an interview on Skype with a director for a given team. In-person interviews were also permitted for those available tot travel to Columbus. Offer was given via phone call one month after interview with team Director.

Analyst (Various) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Over the past year, I've interviewed for a handful of positions with Alliance Data. I am convinced they must get paid per person they interview, because there is no other explanation for their continued wasting of my time and the time of others.

The process goes like this - you apply (or are contacted by a recruiter), have a phone screen, then you're brought in for a 2 hour or so interview where you meet several people on the team. It's not a difficult interview process, but their HR process leaves a lot to be desired. There is a disconnect between the people you speak with and HR. The people you speak with will actually lead you to believe they are going to hire you. They even go as far as talking as if you already have the role, "on Wednesdays there is lunch, so you'll want to not pack your lunch that day".

It's an incredibly unfair way to treat job-seekers. The job hunt process is tough as is - no need to make it worse with false pretenses and superficiality.

After my experience in the past year with Alliance Data, I can say that I would never waste my time applying for another position with them again. They've shown me they are absolutely not the kind of company I would want to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and your greatest opportunity.   Answer Question

Client Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

It was extremely laid back and asked all questions you would expect. The interviewers were so kind and made the whole experience really easy. The Interview process was a pretty continuous flow and was only spaced out based on how early I could make it to the office for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview, and a second interview, which is in person. Very easy, relaxed, and personable interviewers. The phone interview is to get to know you a little, and ask questions about different situations you've been in. The typical interview questions. The second interview expands upon those questions and gives you a more detailed view of the company as well as a tour of the building. They then contact you to let you know if they decide to hire you and talk about the pay, etc. Very easy and relaxed. Just be personable.

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled with HR manager in the Columbus office. It was the most awkward and strange "interview" I've ever had. First of all, she was incredibly unfriendly. She seemed annoyed to even be talking to me. Secondly there would be these long silences and a couple times I had to check to make sure she was still on the line. Lastly, I'm not sure she understood what she was asking or understood my answers. I work in SEM and she would ask me questions that were very non specific. If you've ever worked in SEM you know how broad that can be. I would try to answer her questions but it was quickly clear she wasn't interested in really getting an answer. Overall it seemed to me she didn't enjoy her job at all and just wanted to check off a task for the day.

Collections Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Very easy, phone interview followed by in person. The phone interview lasted maybe 20 mins, while the in person was a detailed tour of the facility and 30 min interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to successfully contribute to the overall organization.   Answer Question