Alliance Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alliance Data Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2017

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes. The process was overall relaxed. Mostly behavior questions. I was interviewed by the manager of internal audit department. He was giving an info session the day before the interview on campus. However, I forgot to ask for a business card from him and I failed to follow up after the interview.

Communications Specialist Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me because I had matching experience. Setup an interview and talked about my background and experience. I thought it went okay, but they were looking for something different than my background history.

Payment Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

I applied online. Week later, I had a phone interview with a recruiter, and she had general behavioral questions, mainly "tell me about the time when... ", looking for specific and detailed example. She immediately set up an interview with hiring managers. I was greeted by a young lady who was chowing gum. Despite the gum, she was very polite and generally professional. She walked me over the building and introduced me the company. I spent with her next half an hour listening calls that she was making. Next 30-45 mins I spent interviewing with hiring managers. Both of them used the same set of behavioral question "tell about the time...". I was looking for changing my career path, however my working history is rich, colorful and pretty much successful, and it looked that was way too much for them. When I asked them what they expect from me to be successful at that position, both of them said to come to work! So, if your career goal is to come to work, this is the right place for you. Do not play too smart, funny, or witty! First thing next morning I received an automated email to reject me. I certainly appreciate their honesty about job expectation and efficiency in hiring process overall. Good luck in your job search!

Management Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

Phone screening interview, tour of facility, multi panel in person interview.

Overall, the company seems to have a good work / life balance. They support employees thru training & developmental opportunities. Sadly, the recruiting process itself is a game. You are lead to believe you're a top candidate only to be dragged along with no updates.

My advice to HR ~ please do not play games & mislead candidates. If they are not an option, just tell them. Don't say we'll get back to you & give them a sense of false hope. That's not an honest practice & is unfair to the candidate.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Milford, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

We went back and forth on scheduling the interview and I cleared 3 lunches for the phone interview and THEY NEVER CALLED! Very disappointed that I wasted my time waiting on something that never happened.

Interview Questions

• When would you like to schedule?   1 Answer

Case Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Westerville, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted to set up a phone interview. I was a little put off because my interviewer had to reschedule our original time but I was never notified. We eventually rescheduled and the phone interview was followed by an in-person interview. I felt like both interviews went really well. This seemed like a good job following college graduation. After the final interview finished, I was told I would be contacted within a few days regardless of whether or not I got the job. I went a week without hearing anything. It wasn't until I called the initial interviewer that I found out I did not get the job.

I did not mind not getting hired, however I was a little upset because it was insinuated that someone had already been picked before I reached my final interview. If this was the case, I felt as if I wasted my time. The fact that I had to push the whole process back a week because they had to reschedule my initial phone interview is upsetting.

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Plano, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very friendly team environment. Asked about my resume and why i wanted to join ADS. It was a combination of technical and behavioral interview. Interviewed with 5 people in a day. Professional approach for conducting the interview.

Corporate Development and Treasury Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Alliance Data in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting website and was offered an interview. Interview was held on campus. Interviewer was extremely friendly and informative about the internship and the process. Was told that I would hear back in a couple of weeks.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Very nice people! Made me feel at ease. Showed me around and told me about the company. I had a phone interview first she was also very pleasant. Had a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Roll playing with customer that call in angry and you solve their problem. The over all experience of the interview was a positive one.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then a week later went down to their office to interview. The in person interview was divided into two 30 minute rounds. I talked to two different people in each round, so a total of 4 people.