Alliance Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alliance Data Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Payment Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

I applied online. Week later, I had a phone interview with a recruiter, and she had general behavioral questions, mainly "tell me about the time when... ", looking for specific and detailed example. She immediately set up an interview with hiring managers. I was greeted by a young lady who was chowing gum. Despite the gum, she was very polite and generally professional. She walked me over the building and introduced me the company. I spent with her next half an hour listening calls that she was making. Next 30-45 mins I spent interviewing with hiring managers. Both of them used the same set of behavioral question "tell about the time...". I was looking for changing my career path, however my working history is rich, colorful and pretty much successful, and it looked that was way too much for them. When I asked them what they expect from me to be successful at that position, both of them said to come to work! So, if your career goal is to come to work, this is the right place for you. Do not play too smart, funny, or witty! First thing next morning I received an automated email to reject me. I certainly appreciate their honesty about job expectation and efficiency in hiring process overall. Good luck in your job search!

Payment Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Westminster, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview, which was in 2 parts due to my work schedule, plus oan onsght interview that included a tour of the facility, sitting with an associate and an interview with a department managter

Management Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

Phone screening interview, tour of facility, multi panel in person interview.

Overall, the company seems to have a good work / life balance. They support employees thru training & developmental opportunities. Sadly, the recruiting process itself is a game. You are lead to believe you're a top candidate only to be dragged along with no updates.

My advice to HR ~ please do not play games & mislead candidates. If they are not an option, just tell them. Don't say we'll get back to you & give them a sense of false hope. That's not an honest practice & is unfair to the candidate.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, in person panel, met with Director for a meet and greet. Very fast process. Hired 8 days from first interview. Orientation in two weeks. Human resources very informative and helpful. Answered all questions and met my salary needs up front. Great experience

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I received the interview through the recruiter. The interview was set up in a few days after submittal. I met with 3 attorneys. One was onsite, the other two were remote over the phone. The interview lasted 45 minutes. We discussed the role and what was required, each of them had different areas and needs. They asked about my background and it was relatively easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Data.

Interview

Went for interview, heard back from them in a week. Now waiting on background to come back. Not sure how long it takes, I've already done my i9 form and received my welcome letter. Hopefully it already came back.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Milford, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

We went back and forth on scheduling the interview and I cleared 3 lunches for the phone interview and THEY NEVER CALLED! Very disappointed that I wasted my time waiting on something that never happened.

Interview Questions

• When would you like to schedule?   1 Answer

Payment Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Westminster, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

You start with a tour of the building hosted by a leader or senior employee. After the tour you get to sit down and get a feel for what you will be working with. I was shown the system that would be used daily, how to pull up personal and team/site metrics and was given information on benefits. The senior employee I toured with then worked for about 15 minutes so that I could listen to a customer contact and then gave me time to ask questions about the position. After this was over I sat down with two supervisors for the question portion of the interview. Once this was done I then met with a member of upper management and she then conducted the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a goal to meet but you faced challenges? What steps did you take to overcome the challenges? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Westerville, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview and then face to face interview with more than one interviewer. Typical questions, from both interviewers. Easy to relate to them and relate your answer. Both interviewers are in key management positions. They definitely provide accurate information about the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• what can you contribute to the company?   1 Answer

Case Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alliance Data (Westerville, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted to set up a phone interview. I was a little put off because my interviewer had to reschedule our original time but I was never notified. We eventually rescheduled and the phone interview was followed by an in-person interview. I felt like both interviews went really well. This seemed like a good job following college graduation. After the final interview finished, I was told I would be contacted within a few days regardless of whether or not I got the job. I went a week without hearing anything. It wasn't until I called the initial interviewer that I found out I did not get the job.

I did not mind not getting hired, however I was a little upset because it was insinuated that someone had already been picked before I reached my final interview. If this was the case, I felt as if I wasted my time. The fact that I had to push the whole process back a week because they had to reschedule my initial phone interview is upsetting.