Alliance Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2018

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Residential (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The usual behavioral interval mixed in with past experience questions. My interviewer was very friendly and cordial. She also asked about situational questions that would happen on the job.

Interview Questions

• What are the initial steps when a customer first arrives?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alliance Residential (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, Scheduled an interview over the phone, Met with Service Supervisor the following day for interview and property tour. I was given a job offer following the interview and told to check my email for drugs screening and start date.

Interview Questions

• We are trying to hire people that will stay with the company and eventually become supervisors. Why do you want to begin a career in maintenance with Alliance?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alliance Residential (Barrington, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

First I applied online. It took about an hour from start to finish. I then received an email from a talent advisor to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview a in person interview was set up with a regional manager. I was then asked to come in for a third interview with the Regional Vice President. I was contacted two days after my third interview with a job offer. It was a very efficient and speedy interviewing process. I felt that they really got to know me before making a decision. Every was very knowledgeable and very detailed about the position being offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alliance?   Answer Question
    • If you were giving a property in a new market with no information from the previous manager what would you do to bring yourself up to speed?   Answer Question
    • How would you increase market rent?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep expenses low and controlled?   Answer Question
    • What is your daily routine?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alliance Residential (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2011.

Interview

Was very easy to interview because the business manager was professional and made the whole process less stressful! Was not pushy on how fast I should answer the questions! We even shared a few laughs together!

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alliance Residential (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

I was asked to come into the community I was going to be hired for. The Business Manager was very professional. The interview went great and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The Business Manager asked why I would be a great fit for that position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Residential (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

It was quick, basic questions with not a speedy follow up. The process was through and interesting as to the many career choice they have to offer. I was in a hiring fair so there was a multitude of people al going for different positions. We had to wait until our name was called and specific hiring talents would come and ask you questions. I believe there was around ten to twelve questions. They then said they would follow up with the regional and hiring managers for the area you were applying for and say that you would hear from them soon.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Alliance Residential (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Super easy. Applied online and got a call the next day from the Regional Manager asking to meet up at a local coffee shop. She was basically telling me about the role and what they're looking for in a candidate. This was for a lease up so they wanted someone with a lot experience in new developments. After meeting she forwarded my information to another person and I met up with them at another local coffee shop to talk about how they need to increase their numbers. The next day I was offered the position.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alliance Residential.

Interview

They asked typical interview questions. They wrote down some of my answers and discussed how the Alliance bonus system works (which made me even more excited for the job!). We went over my customer service experience and we discussed ways that I have given good service and received good customer experience. The property manager didn't like that I was so confident but the assistant manager reassured her that Alliance needs go-getters and people willing to move up in the company. If it weren't for the assistant, I don't think I'd be here! Try to get a feel for the person interviewing you because depending on their personality, it could make or break your chance of getting the position. If they seem to be a little more reserved, try to humble yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1) Give an example when you gave exceptional customer service.
      2) Give an example when you received exceptional customer service.
      3) Why should we hire you over the other applicants?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alliance Residential (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview quickly. I interviewed with the manager, assistant manager, and the regional manager. It was a casual interview we did outside at the property. I did wear a suit though. Also I brought 5 resumes, because I didn't know who would be there. You should always be over prepared than under prepared!

Interview Questions

• The usual questions, what are your strengths and weaknesses? Do you have sales or customer service experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated what I needed to be paid. I had to different job offers at the time and I went with Alliance, because of the bonus possibility.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alliance Residential in January 2016.

Interview

Had one interview and it was with the business manager, the district manager sat in on part of the interview. Was a positive interview. I was offered the job the next day by email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offered me a certain hourly rate, I declined and counter offered. It took a couple days but they accepted.