AllianceBernstein Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.9

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through Campus Recruiting. I got a call after several weeks. Approximately 5-6 weeks. First was a phone screening, then they called me in for an on site interview with two people. The work culture is good.

Interview Questions

• About Network Security and Databases   1 Answer

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein in November 2015.

Interview

Casual interview with an HR rep followed by multiple interviews in a "superday" format, nearly all "fit" based questions. I thought the interview went well but I never even heard a rejection from them, which I found unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing you've done in a work environment?   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied to Alliance Bernstein through on campus recruitment. The HR called me approximately 4 weeks after applying. HR was very sweet and well spoken. They called me in for the onsite interview with 2 of their team heads. Interview was average to difficult. They take very long to reply with the interview status. Dont really give offers so easily

Interview Questions

• They mainly walked through the resume.
      Brain Teasers and hypothetical situations   1 Answer

Private Wealth Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through my campus career center and got an interview at a recruiting event in Boston. The interviewer was slightly passive aggressive and didn't introduce himself. He asked me a couple of behavioral questions and followed with a role play scenario. I had to imagine myself as a new hire accompanying my manager to an event in hopes of acquiring new clients. The interviewer played a potential client who had heard good things about AB from a friend. As my manager was unavailable (speaking to another. I had to approach the client with limited knowledge of the specific products and services that AB Wealth Management offers and navigate the situation to keep them interested. After the role play was complete I had to analyze my performance.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions to begin with. Why are you interested in this position? etc.   Answer Question

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

The process included an on campus interviews that was conducted by an associate. The interview was not too technical but there were several brain teasers at the end. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college job board. I was selected for a first round interview, where I talked to one of my potential superiors We walked through my background and I talked about my past experiences, then I was asked various questions to test my knowledge and thinking skills. Most of the questions revolved around math or statistics.

After passing the first round inteview, I was flown out to NY where I interviewed with the rest of the bosses for my position. Each one asked me about various aspects of my background and some questions to test my thinking processes.

Interview Questions

• Different interviewers asked different questions, though I would recommend any potential applicants brush up on some statistics, especially in relation to relevant industry topics such as portfolio theory.   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein in October 2015.

Interview

They set up a phone interview. They asked the usual questions about my background and experiences during past internships. The next round would have been in New York but I was cut.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I built a report with someone and to describe a situation in which I lead but how I would do things differently if I could do it over.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY).

Interview

The initial process was with Human Resources, which was a phone interview. The next day I was called to schedule an onsite which was actually for the following day...fast process. The onsite interview consisted of meeting 8 different people. It was tiring but gave me a great sense of the team and the people I would be working with. With meeting 8 people it is also fairly repetitive after awhile, so enjoy talking about yourself. Also, be prepared to stay alert.

Interview Questions

• They were both basic questions of past experiences, how I handle situations. There were also the standard question, brain teasers...How many airplanes land at LGA a day. Its about the process not the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with four individuals in a two hour block. It was a pretty generic "tell me about a time when you overcame..." We mostly talked about the position, responsibilities, and what would be expected. They asked why I would be good in the role and then asked what questions I have.

Interview Questions

• What's currently going on in capital markets?
      Tell me about a time when you overcame a high pressure situation?   Answer Question

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, and was invited to interview with the VP over the phone for the initial interview, lasting 20 minutes. The phone call consisted of behavioral questions, and the VP discussing the position in greater detail. I was then invited to interview on-site in NYC the following week, where I met with 3 people: 2 AVPs and the VP I spoke with from the phone call. Each interview was 45 minutes in length, and the questions were purely behavioral to determine goodness of fit with the team. No brainteasers, as others have said below on Glassdoor. Each of the interviewers read off a printed HR questions list, so they didn't prepare much at all before the interview.

They asked the following:
    • Why are you interested in this position?
    • What do you understand about this position?
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict between work and personal life.
    • What is your greatest weakness?
    • How would your previous manager describe you?
    • Tell me about a time you realized you made a mistake, and how did you handle it?
    • Tell me about a time when you assisted a co-worker with a mistake he/she made
    • Tell me about a project that you led at work
    • What is the most stressful situation you've been in at work?
    • Tell me about a time when you proactively tackled an issue before your client was aware?
    • Of all the positions you're currently interviewing for, which are you most interested in?
    • What other types of jobs, specifically, are you applying for right now?
    + A few questions specific to my resume

The team really grills you on behavioral questions, so be sure to have a lot of workplace examples. If you say an example that doesn't precisely fit the question they asked, they will call you out and ask how that was relevant to what they asked. Very hard-nosed group, and very selective with their process. It is an accomplishment alone to be invited to the on-site interview with AllianceBernstein. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict between work and personal life.   Answer Question