AllianceBernstein Private Client Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AllianceBernstein Private Client Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. Basic interview 101 questions. Went over resume then questions were asked. Did not take longer than 45 minutes. Pleasant overall experience and nothing poor to say regarding it. It would be a good company to work for given the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you made a mistake and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AllianceBernstein

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein in March 2017.

Interview

Disorganized and unprofessional. I had an 8:30 a.m. appointment and arrived in the lobby just minutes before. There was no receptionist. I understand I was probably the first person, but shouldn't the receptionist arrive before the interviewee?

I saw one of the interviewers in the lobby/elevator and the person told me we were supposed to meet later. Well, that person never showed up. I had also written down 4 names and they rotated one other person without giving me any notice.

For a company who is allegedly supposed to be so great, these were not good first impressions. Also, the place sounded absolutely miserable for the (low) compensation. Totally not worth it. Was going to the interview as a favor but made me appreciate where I currently am.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were presented with...(insert problem)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

30 minute on campus one on one interview for the first round. Followed by multiple rounds of phone interviews, some with multiple people. Should have been an in person interview but I was not able to fly out to the location.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and situational questions such as how you would respond to a customer complaint or a time you had to adjust in a team setting.   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein in November 2015.

Interview

Casual interview with an HR rep followed by multiple interviews in a "superday" format, nearly all "fit" based questions. I thought the interview went well but I never even heard a rejection from them, which I found unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing you've done in a work environment?   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein in October 2015.

Interview

They set up a phone interview. They asked the usual questions about my background and experiences during past internships. The next round would have been in New York but I was cut.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I built a report with someone and to describe a situation in which I lead but how I would do things differently if I could do it over.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with four individuals in a two hour block. It was a pretty generic "tell me about a time when you overcame..." We mostly talked about the position, responsibilities, and what would be expected. They asked why I would be good in the role and then asked what questions I have.

Interview Questions

• What's currently going on in capital markets?
      Tell me about a time when you overcame a high pressure situation?   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

Applied online through my university and got a phone call interview. Hiring manager was nice and went through typical behavioral type questions. Wasn't too difficult but never got a call back, I did email asking what I could do to improve my interview skills but I never got a response.

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

Applied online; Had a phone interview with HR, another phone interview with an associate and an onsite interview with three senior members of the team. The process was very quick because they had one opening in one office they wanted to fill.

Interview Questions

• Role play question: How would you respond if a client wanted to pull out of this investments if the market dropped.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone call and then in person interview. The interview was mostly about my background and why I wanted to work at the firm. We talked about what the role would entail and that there would be a lot of long hours and to prepare for that.

Interview Questions

• Suppose a client called and said they got someone else's statement in the mail. What would you say?   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was with someone from HR. It was very regimented and brief. The interviewer asked basic questions. Nothing really specific about myself or my interests. Have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when...
      why alliance bernstein, why private client
      speak about previous experience   Answer Question