Allianz Global Investors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY).

Interview

multiple rounds of interviews, an informal stock pitch. Questions include tests on how to do research, general valuation methodology, industry experience, prior projects and culture fit questions. It was more about fit than anything else.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on linkedin. Received a phone call from HR same day. She left voicemail. I called back same day and left vm. She called back within 2 hours. She said she called the day before regarding position I applied for. She set me up with interview with manager and director the following day. I talked with hiring manager via video conference for 45 minutes. Talked with director for 1 hour. Hr for 25 minutes. Received phone call with offer next morning. Declined offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you use function GHP on bloomberg? What do you bring to the table? What is your greatest accomplishment? Are you willing to work on a us holiday?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I submit my resume on one Campus Job fair. and after 2 weeks I had a phone interview, was asked to given more details on resume. Interviewer also took sometime to explain the working environment. The interview was friendly and not pushy, and it happens that he had known my professor in my previous university. The interview last 45 min if not more/

Paralegal - Institutional & Alternatives Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with several attorneys and they asked very straightforward question and came across and very interested my future and career growth. The interviews were inconsistently scheduled and moved frequently. I had to go to their office to speak with 4 different people which seemed somewhat unprofessional to me

Interview Questions

• Hardest Task every completed   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 6 20 minute interviews with varying hiring managers from across all different departments. All were very friendly and seemed to have a clear idea of the intern's future work. I think they are just looking for a fit personality wise. No real technical questions other than do you know excel, powerpoint, etc. Have an idea of where your interests align with the managers departments and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• None really. Sometimes answering questions for a department you are not interested in is awkward.   Answer Question

AllianzGI Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through the AllianzGI Graduate program website. AllianzGI has traditionally had just an investment management graduate track but this was the first year they offered a business development and a business operations track. Throughout the interview process, you can tell that the program wasn't as established or structured as previous graduate programs and HR was learning as they went along. In addition to the typical application, there was a 20 minute online test. Be sure to have scratch paper nearby. About 3 weeks later, I received an invitation to interview with HR. Typically, first round interviews are done by phone but the company required a 1 hour face to face interview. I was invited back to what HR referred to as an assessment center. This second round required that I complete a pre-work assignment about social media. At the interview, I met with about 12 other candidates. HR showed a presentation about working at the company and then divided us up into groups to work on a presentation exercise. The assessment center also involved an individual case where you read a case and write a recommendation email to a hypothetical manager. During lunch, I met with senior leaders who spoke about their roles and provided feedback on our presentations. The final round consisted of meeting with a senior executive at the firm for about an hour. HR indicated that I was going to get an offer but one never materialized. I felt the company was unprofessional considering the interviews completed in the beginning of May and I did not receive any response or feedback. I reached out to the HR partner on a few occasions but never received a firm answer. "We'll make a decision by next week." I stopped pursuing the role after two and a half months went by. I was really disappointed since the role sounded interesting. If processes take this long at the company, then I made the right decision.

Overall, interviewing for the graduate program was a long and drawn out process that ended up being a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Why AGI? What are your thoughts on the future of Asset Management?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One round just, four interviewers, half an hour for each. Two of them are analyst, one VP and one HR. Some quantitative questions and some market sense questions as well. They asked a lot of market trend and your sense! The HR is really nice and doesn't ask too many behavior questions. It is expected to receive feedback around one and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the domestic market and foreign market?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Mostly behavioural. There were 7 interviews in total. Every interviewer was from a different team and asked questions related to their fields.Should have general knowledge about the financial industry i.e. bonds, mutual funds,equity etc. Should have knowledge about basic SQL as the technical interviewer was in data feeds team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Questions asked were behavioral questions just like any other firms would ask for. Also I was asked for questions that are related to current global economic issues. They were not particularly hard as long as I keep up with current news.

Investment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their branch in SF as well as a few other people on their team, it was a little bit unstructured but also casual than other banks and they were very nice.