Allianz Global Investors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allianz Global Investors Interview Questions

Interviews at Allianz Global Investors

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Interview

The interview process took two months, it consisted of a group HR interview on a behavioural case, followed by an AC with business managers and individual interview and ended with a video conference with global CEO and function head. Overall the experience was very positive, nice interviewers and no unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

Allianz Global Investors Response

Nov 13, 2018 – Global HR Communications Expert

Thank you for leaving a review for us on the interview process. We're glad to see that you had a positive experience, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to the firm. All the best!... More

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Mostly behavioural. There were 7 interviews in total. Every interviewer was from a different team and asked questions related to their fields.Should have general knowledge about the financial industry i.e. bonds, mutual funds,equity etc. Should have knowledge about basic SQL as the technical interviewer was in data feeds team.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (Champaign, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I submit my resume on one Campus Job fair. and after 2 weeks I had a phone interview, was asked to given more details on resume. Interviewer also took sometime to explain the working environment. The interview was friendly and not pushy, and it happens that he had known my professor in my previous university. The interview last 45 min if not more/

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY).

Interview

7 interviews, 20 minutes each, held on the same day. Directors and MDs from various business functions interviewed me. The posting was generic, and the interviewers gather after all interviews and select which candidates they would like for their specific departments. The idea is to have an adaptable personality because you can get shut down by the majority even if one interviewer likes you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Questions asked were behavioral questions just like any other firms would ask for. Also I was asked for questions that are related to current global economic issues. They were not particularly hard as long as I keep up with current news.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through my online career center. They called me to schedule a super day. I went into the office and had 7 back-to-back 15 minute interviews. They were all with managing directors from across the firm. Most of the questions were behavioral, mainly seeing if you could fit into the culture. Only one of the 7 interviews was technical. Allianz really values culture, so a lot of the questions were about what I wanted out of the internship experience and the directors spent a lot of time explaining the culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you define the purpose of excel in one sentence?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 6 20 minute interviews with varying hiring managers from across all different departments. All were very friendly and seemed to have a clear idea of the intern's future work. I think they are just looking for a fit personality wise. No real technical questions other than do you know excel, powerpoint, etc. Have an idea of where your interests align with the managers departments and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• None really. Sometimes answering questions for a department you are not interested in is awkward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One round just, four interviewers, half an hour for each. Two of them are analyst, one VP and one HR. Some quantitative questions and some market sense questions as well. They asked a lot of market trend and your sense! The HR is really nice and doesn't ask too many behavior questions. It is expected to receive feedback around one and a half weeks.

Investment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their branch in SF as well as a few other people on their team, it was a little bit unstructured but also casual than other banks and they were very nice.

IT Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

The first call was from HR doing a screen to determine proper fit and salary expectations. The 2nd interview was another phone call from the hiring manager who wanted to dive in deeper to understand your background. If they like you, then you get invited to a super day from 9am-1pm of back to back interviews with other heads and possible colleagues. Please be sure to tailor your responses to the audience.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were behavioral and your ability to lay out your logic/processes in a clear concise manner to an audience who may not understand technical lingo.   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a time where you dealt with a co-worker or contractor that made things difficult and how you overcame that problem   1 Answer

Allianz Global Investors Response

Aug 2, 2018 – Global HR Communications Expert

Thank you for taking the time to share this information. We're glad you had a positive interview experience and wish you all the very best in future endeavors!

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allianz Global Investors (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I have submitted my resume and posrtfolio website via recruiter.
    I interviewed at least 3 different people, direct supervisor, head of the department and co-worker. I went for 2nd interview with HR. then about 1 month later, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• The asked many technical questions related to the positions and also some general questions on financial industry.   Answer Question