Allianz Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

A brief 30 minute phone interview and then an invitation for second round at the Golden Valley HQ. Both interviews were a get to know you and behavioral based questions. The interview experience was great and it was a very transparent process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Golden Valley, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Wednesday afternoon. HR emailed me on Thursday morning to set up a phone interview. Did the phone interview on Friday morning. Did the face-to-face job interview and job shadow on Monday morning. Received a job offer via phone on Tuesday morning. Phone interview lasted 20 minutes with a little small chat. In-person interview lasted 75 minutes. 30 minutes was with a customer service rep listening and watching him work to see what the job is like. 30 minutes was with 2 managers who took turns asking 8 questions. 15 minutes was with the 2 managers who answered my questions. Note: most CSR positions are hired in groups so up to 20 positions may be available at one given time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allianz Life.

Interview

2 phase - one call, one in person. Comfortable environment, walk through of nice campus. Talked about process and job expectations. Nice people. on phone about 15-20 minutes, in person about 45 minutes, met two of the leaders and then met a few team members, everybody seemed to like the environment and interact quite pleasantly with each other. They have some nice ammenities and perks.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allianz Life in October 2016.

Interview

It was not a typical interview process that you can expect. There was not even a 'Tell me about yourself' question, and none of the questions were behavior. All was from technical parts of your previous experiences and some programming software. I expected some general behavior questions, so I was in panic. Be prepared with strong technical skills would have been helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Golden Valley, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews followed by a couple of in person interviews. All interviews were 30 minutes long. Phone interview questions were basic behavioral questions with a few probing into insurance industry knowledge in general.

I actually didn't ever interview with HR which surprised me. I'm not sure if that the usual process or not.

Actuarial Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was a senior actuary, and he was serious and barely smiled. Most questions are techinical. I know there are interviewers are HR. Their questions may be less techniqual.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allianz Life in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was 10 minutes late calling. Went over my work history and then started chatting about position. Was told the hours I would be required to work were different than what was advertised. Was also told I wouldn't get a regular shift until I met certain goals and then it was shift bidding, so it was possible I might not get the shift that was advertised and I applied for. Not very family friendly. Their being unwilling to follow thru with what I actually applied for cut the interview very short.

Interview Questions

• Only about my work history. They were not honest about the required hours in the application process so it didn't go any further.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher, (Hedging Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter who set up a call with the hiring manager, after which they flew me in for an in person interview. Had multiple interview back to back with about 10 people total.

Overall the interview process was very well run and everyone was very professional. The written test threw me off a bit, seeing as I hadn't analytically solved an SDE since grad school, but otherwise the interview process was pretty standard for a quant position.

Interview Questions

• Gave a written test with a variety of technical questions covering SDEs to linear algebra   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Because I had an employee referral, I essentially skipped the HR interview and went direction to talking to a head actuary. We talked on the phone and it lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were relatively intense and he had me solve a word problem over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose actuarial science?
      How I stood out in my classes?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Golden Valley, MN).

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone interview with corporate recruiter, which involved a quick review of my resume and brief explanation of the position. Set up in-person interview with Sr. Director and Sr. PM. Another review of resume and chat about experience. Next interview with Associate VP--involved mostly a chat about experience. Offer came two days later. Very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with annuities?   1 Answer