Allianz Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allianz Life Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Golden Valley, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews followed by a couple of in person interviews. All interviews were 30 minutes long. Phone interview questions were basic behavioral questions with a few probing into insurance industry knowledge in general.

I actually didn't ever interview with HR which surprised me. I'm not sure if that the usual process or not.

Actuarial Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was a senior actuary, and he was serious and barely smiled. Most questions are techinical. I know there are interviewers are HR. Their questions may be less techniqual.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allianz Life in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was 10 minutes late calling. Went over my work history and then started chatting about position. Was told the hours I would be required to work were different than what was advertised. Was also told I wouldn't get a regular shift until I met certain goals and then it was shift bidding, so it was possible I might not get the shift that was advertised and I applied for. Not very family friendly. Their being unwilling to follow thru with what I actually applied for cut the interview very short.

Interview Questions

• Only about my work history. They were not honest about the required hours in the application process so it didn't go any further.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher, (Hedging Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter who set up a call with the hiring manager, after which they flew me in for an in person interview. Had multiple interview back to back with about 10 people total.

Overall the interview process was very well run and everyone was very professional. The written test threw me off a bit, seeing as I hadn't analytically solved an SDE since grad school, but otherwise the interview process was pretty standard for a quant position.

Interview Questions

• Gave a written test with a variety of technical questions covering SDEs to linear algebra   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Because I had an employee referral, I essentially skipped the HR interview and went direction to talking to a head actuary. We talked on the phone and it lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were relatively intense and he had me solve a word problem over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose actuarial science?
      How I stood out in my classes?
      Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Golden Valley, MN).

Interview

Applied online. Initial phone interview with corporate recruiter, which involved a quick review of my resume and brief explanation of the position. Set up in-person interview with Sr. Director and Sr. PM. Another review of resume and chat about experience. Next interview with Associate VP--involved mostly a chat about experience. Offer came two days later. Very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with annuities?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call with potential manager. Asked me questions about previous experiences, projects I am proud of, something that challenges me. It was very casual, but she asked me difficult questions. Make sure you prepare questions yourself, I know she was very impressed by that.

Enterprise Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allianz Life in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, with a couple behavioral questions and them asking me what I knew about Allianz. I walked them through my resume. Pretty easy and casual. Told me a lot more about internship program. Also asked if I had questions. The interview lasted 30 minutes. Make sure to do background research on Allianz. Know what annuities are and the difference between them and life insurance.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

There was multiple interviews. The first was an HR screening. Then there was two more interviews back to back with directors of the actuarial departments. They were extremely quick with the entire process. I sent in an application and the process was over in three weeks. It was a great interview process overall and the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. How do you deal with having multiple projects at the same time? Tell me about your previous experiences? Some technical. Describe your programming projects in school. How many gas stations in the US?   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. Telephone interview and in person 1:1 interview at assessment centre. Phone interview just general questions NO COMPETENCY, Assessment Centre: Resume explanation, and technical questions.