Allianz Life Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

Allianz Life Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN

3.1

Actuarial Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was a senior actuary, and he was serious and barely smiled. Most questions are techinical. I know there are interviewers are HR. Their questions may be less techniqual.

Quantitative Researcher, (Hedging Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter who set up a call with the hiring manager, after which they flew me in for an in person interview. Had multiple interview back to back with about 10 people total.

Overall the interview process was very well run and everyone was very professional. The written test threw me off a bit, seeing as I hadn't analytically solved an SDE since grad school, but otherwise the interview process was pretty standard for a quant position.

Interview Questions

• Gave a written test with a variety of technical questions covering SDEs to linear algebra   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call with potential manager. Asked me questions about previous experiences, projects I am proud of, something that challenges me. It was very casual, but she asked me difficult questions. Make sure you prepare questions yourself, I know she was very impressed by that.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

There was multiple interviews. The first was an HR screening. Then there was two more interviews back to back with directors of the actuarial departments. They were extremely quick with the entire process. I sent in an application and the process was over in three weeks. It was a great interview process overall and the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. How do you deal with having multiple projects at the same time? Tell me about your previous experiences? Some technical. Describe your programming projects in school. How many gas stations in the US?   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. Telephone interview and in person 1:1 interview at assessment centre. Phone interview just general questions NO COMPETENCY, Assessment Centre: Resume explanation, and technical questions.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to them during a career fair and had a 30 minute interview on campus a week later. Super nice and seemed really interested in what I had to say. I think my interest in finance and computer science experience got me the job. Asked for specific examples of projects done in school and was heavily questioned on everything on resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain a topic from microeconomics in detail.
      What specific projects have you done with VBA?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The more exams you have passed, the more they pay you.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

I talked to the employer through on campus career fair. It was a really quick process. Within a week of the career fair, they contacted me for an interview. It was held right on campus, so it's really convenient for students. There was only one round of interview

Interview Questions

• It start of with normal behavior questions... just be yourself. It ended with 2 professional question regarding insurance companies and how it make a profit.   Answer Question

Enterprise Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

First step was the phone interview with the HR Recruiter, from there a waiting period of a couple weeks for the in person interview to be scheduled. After the interview with my 2 direct potential leaders took place, I was passed on for the 2nd interview with their leader, an Asst Vice President. This interview seemed to be more of a touch base as opposed to a formal interview. There was discussion about them and their role, but not much about what would be expected from the new leader(the role I was interviewing for).

Overall process was fine.

Interview Questions

• Most uncomfortable interaction with my leader   1 Answer

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

Allianz Life was a pleasure to work with and their recruiting process was pretty straight forward.

I applied for the position through my college's career services and meet with representatives at our school's Actuarial Career Fair.

First interview was a phone interview with a HR representative and was generally a behavioral interview.

The second interview was another phone interview, but it was two 30 minute interviews with some of their senior actuaries. This interview was part behavioral and part technical. Most of the questions in this interview were regarding things listed in my resume. Heavy focus on what I did during my actuarial internships with a different life insurance company.

The third and final interview was a full day interview. I was flown out to their office in Minneapolis. This was a pretty grueling day because they set up eight 30 minute interviews. The people who interviewed me were a combination of people who would of been my peers, individuals who would of been my direct managers, and finally an interview with the director of the group. One interview with a direct manager was particularly difficult because he covered this face with a sheet of paper after asking every question, making it difficult to gauge his reactions to my responses.

After the third interview I was informed I received the offer approximately a week and half later. The offer had a two week deadline to respond too.

In my job hunt process, Allianz had the best HR representative which made the whole process very smooth and simple.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions: Included answering questions about how specific things in Excel work (such as what do pivot tables work, how to use VBA macros, etc). Similarly there were technical questions about my understanding of how Universal Life Insurance and Variable Life Annuities (their main products). Finally since I was interviewing for a role within in their more Modeling and Systems group, I was asked some specifics about my knowledge of SQL, JAVA, and C++.

Behavior Questions: Can you provide context to why your GPA is what it is (I had a 3.0 while I believe most of their candidates tend to be in the 3.5 range)? Can you talk about a time when you have failed? Standard behavioral questions for the most part.

Hardest Questions: Some of the technical questions were pretty difficult, but my intern experience allowed me to answer them. I think I would of been stuck if I did not have the intern experience, because it was things we weren't taught in school ( I am an actuarial science major).

The one question I froze on was ironically: What makes Life Insurance profitable?
      I was confused whether they wanted a technical answer like explaining how to price life insurance or if they were looking for something else.

The interview with the director of the group was probably the most interesting. He only asked one question and it was pretty blunt(and pretty creative if you ask me). He asked more or less "What makes you different from all the other Actuarial candidates we see and why should I give you a shot at this job?"
      1 Answer

Allianz Life gave me an awesome offer full with a fair market value salary and generous benefit package. I turned down the opportunity because I was able to find a similar position in a consulting firm, and just had more desire to work in consulting.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allianz Life (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

They hold multiple interview sessions whether by phone or in person. You will likely interview with the relevant directors and VP's of the hiring areas as well as an HR representative. Sometimes the interviews can be all in a row which is a little tough for some people. Interviewing with senior leadership can be tough for entry level new hires.

Interview Questions

• How you would invest a billion dollars to get a good return?   Answer Question