Allied Building Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

1.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to operations manager for about 90minutes about all aspects of the building supply business.It was very laid back and I believe that my resume spoke for itself as far as experience goes.I felt very comfortable the whole time .

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your new job.?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

When I arrived , I met polite people that were professional. I interviewed with two nice gentlemen that were very informative and willing to answer my questions. I left hoping I get the position and with a positive experience. The process is about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• My experience background, how would I interact with other employees and customers   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

• Applied online when it was advertised on LinkedIn.
    • Spoke with recruiter on phone.
    • Scheduled a phone interview with the manager.
    • On day of phone interview the recruiter calls me up to say that the manager has to cancel due to another appointment. So the interview was re-scheduled.
    • On 2nd try for the phone interview, the manager tells me that he has to cancel in order to run a last-minute errand. So the interview was re-scheduled yet again.
    • On 3rd try for the phone interview, we actually get to talk -- it went well, and he wanted to set up a date/time to come in for an in-person interview. He said he would get back to me regarding that.
    • As previously directed, I forwarded the details of the interview to the recruiter.
    • Many, many weeks passed without any word about an in-person interview.
    • Finally, I reached out to the recruiter to see what was going on. She then tells me she "just received" word from the manager that they have to cancel all hiring as the company was undergoing some "organizational changes".

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy and straight-forward. Mainly questions about my skills and background, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Unprofessional and disorganized. No one seemed happy there and said hello when walking in. My resume was not reviewed prior to my appointment.. And my calls/email/texts were not returned for three weeks. I may have interviewed during a transition time for them, but the experience left me with a negative feeling.

Interview Questions

• It was more of conversation rather than answer / question. A very casual interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

very easy, came in spoke with a manager, than a supervisor and that was it. Not your usual interview, very chill and laid back. the best part was that it was quick and easy.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I was approached by a friend to check out his company and see what role I could play in helping it grow, with the goal of getting into sales. I was interviewed by three different people and eventually was hired to help with operations, as well as learn the products.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to achieve within the company?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the branch manager and the operations manager. They explained the position and what it entailed. Asked questions about work experience and asked why I thought I would be a good fit with the company. In my experience was an easy interview not intimidating. I highly recommend applying here. Health benefits are good.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

ma great interview so I thought. They seemed really nice, it was more of a get to know you kind of thing. They said they would be back with me later to let me know. I interviewed a month ago and still they say they are in the evaluation process. Basically no communication through the process not even a simple email reply.

Bank Reconciliation Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Rutherford, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was nice. I was asked two or so questions but 99% of the interview was just to tell me about the company. The process took slightly over an hour and I got the impression that I was just called in so that they could say that they did look at "outside candidates". It seems that this company only hires from within and seldom outside.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your list job? How long were you there?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Unprofessional. The Manager and Regional Manager were not skilled interviewers. I met one individual and discussed sports and listened to him rant on about unrelated topics. Then I met with decision maker and watched a he just stared me down.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? (FYI - It was listed on my resume. Didn't they even read it so their time was not wasted)?   1 Answer