Allied Building Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

1.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to operations manager for about 90minutes about all aspects of the building supply business.It was very laid back and I believe that my resume spoke for itself as far as experience goes.I felt very comfortable the whole time .

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your new job.?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

When I arrived , I met polite people that were professional. I interviewed with two nice gentlemen that were very informative and willing to answer my questions. I left hoping I get the position and with a positive experience. The process is about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• My experience background, how would I interact with other employees and customers   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Unprofessional and disorganized. No one seemed happy there and said hello when walking in. My resume was not reviewed prior to my appointment.. And my calls/email/texts were not returned for three weeks. I may have interviewed during a transition time for them, but the experience left me with a negative feeling.

Interview Questions

• It was more of conversation rather than answer / question. A very casual interview.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I was approached by a friend to check out his company and see what role I could play in helping it grow, with the goal of getting into sales. I was interviewed by three different people and eventually was hired to help with operations, as well as learn the products.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to achieve within the company?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the branch manager and the operations manager. They explained the position and what it entailed. Asked questions about work experience and asked why I thought I would be a good fit with the company. In my experience was an easy interview not intimidating. I highly recommend applying here. Health benefits are good.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

ma great interview so I thought. They seemed really nice, it was more of a get to know you kind of thing. They said they would be back with me later to let me know. I interviewed a month ago and still they say they are in the evaluation process. Basically no communication through the process not even a simple email reply.

Bank Reconciliation Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Rutherford, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was nice. I was asked two or so questions but 99% of the interview was just to tell me about the company. The process took slightly over an hour and I got the impression that I was just called in so that they could say that they did look at "outside candidates". It seems that this company only hires from within and seldom outside.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your list job? How long were you there?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Unprofessional. The Manager and Regional Manager were not skilled interviewers. I met one individual and discussed sports and listened to him rant on about unrelated topics. Then I met with decision maker and watched a he just stared me down.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? (FYI - It was listed on my resume. Didn't they even read it so their time was not wasted)?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted within a week. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. This went well and we set up an interview for the following week and had a very laid back meeting with a Branch manager that went very well. This was more of a get to know you interview with no hard nosed questions. I was once again contacted by the recruiter and informed that I would then meet with a Regional Manager. I meet with her several weeks later, due their very busy schedule. The interview went well but the manager was very straight forward and it seemed like it took a while for them to warm up to me. It ended well. The recruiter contacted me several days later informing me that they would be making a formal offer in a day or two.

Project Manager - IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (East Rutherford, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR function through LinkedIn. After a few emails I got onto a call that was the HR interview. This was towards the end of the week and I was called in twice the following week for interviews with the hiring manager and the manager of the hiring manager. There were several follow up calls with the HR function - mostly to get clarifications from me on my experience, expectations and the references I had provided. The final phone interview was with the hiring manager. After we went through some additional questions and expectation setting I was offered the position. The process went through remarkably quickly.

Interview Questions

• I was coming in from a outsourcing consulting firm with a major offshore presence. I felt that a lot of detailed questions that we went over multiple times were to do with my background and events in such an industry that Allied Building Products did not seem familiar with at a granular level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The firm was very clear on the budget for the role for the beginning of the conversation.