Allied Building Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

1.9

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Irving, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

From inception to multiple interviews
    7 months, with no offer. No explanation. No communication.
    Vague job description and duties
    I pursued the company based on its values. Communication did not reflect values.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join this buisness   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I was approached by a friend to check out his company and see what role I could play in helping it grow, with the goal of getting into sales. I was interviewed by three different people and eventually was hired to help with operations, as well as learn the products.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to achieve within the company?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2015.

Interview

Met with the branch manager and the operations manager. They explained the position and what it entailed. Asked questions about work experience and asked why I thought I would be a good fit with the company. In my experience was an easy interview not intimidating. I highly recommend applying here. Health benefits are good.

Project Manager - IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (East Rutherford, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR function through LinkedIn. After a few emails I got onto a call that was the HR interview. This was towards the end of the week and I was called in twice the following week for interviews with the hiring manager and the manager of the hiring manager. There were several follow up calls with the HR function - mostly to get clarifications from me on my experience, expectations and the references I had provided. The final phone interview was with the hiring manager. After we went through some additional questions and expectation setting I was offered the position. The process went through remarkably quickly.

Interview Questions

• I was coming in from a outsourcing consulting firm with a major offshore presence. I felt that a lot of detailed questions that we went over multiple times were to do with my background and events in such an industry that Allied Building Products did not seem familiar with at a granular level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The firm was very clear on the budget for the role for the beginning of the conversation.

Receptionist/Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Hicksville, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I had one lengthy interview and a quick written test. It was pleasant and comfortable. The people that work for Allied are good people and benefits are very good. It is a long working day but that goes with the industry.

Interview Questions

• I found by observation that the smaller businesses were ignored. The company worked more for the big numbers and the little guys pushed to the side.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Talk to the recruiter at least 4 times, then meet with branch manger twice, then meet with assistant branch manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

I had no previous experience in the construction industry- they hired me on the second interview. First interview was with the branch manager second was with the regional manager. Management changed every six months.

Negotiation

I negotiated relocation expenses and they offered me what I asked for for the base salary.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to operations manager for about 90minutes about all aspects of the building supply business.It was very laid back and I believe that my resume spoke for itself as far as experience goes.I felt very comfortable the whole time .

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your new job.?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Unprofessional and disorganized. No one seemed happy there and said hello when walking in. My resume was not reviewed prior to my appointment.. And my calls/email/texts were not returned for three weeks. I may have interviewed during a transition time for them, but the experience left me with a negative feeling.

Interview Questions

• It was more of conversation rather than answer / question. A very casual interview.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

ma great interview so I thought. They seemed really nice, it was more of a get to know you kind of thing. They said they would be back with me later to let me know. I interviewed a month ago and still they say they are in the evaluation process. Basically no communication through the process not even a simple email reply.